Thread: Morgan Malocco

Morgan Malocco

It is with great sadness to report that Morgan Malocco, a great friend, fellow Checkers and former Race Director for BP MotorSports Off-Shore Endurance, died this past weekend in Parker, Arizona. It was during the running of the Parker 425 Off-Road race. Morgan and his girlfriend had driven their Rhinos from Havasu to Parker, along with a group of about ten other friends, also on Rhinos to watch the race. Upon returning, they took a trail to stay off the highway and it appears that he may have lost control and rolled down a steep hill. He died instantly. His girlfriend was transported via helicopter to La Vegas emergency.
    Billy Robertson and I are trying to get more details. We know that the body will be picked up from Parker, AZ this Wednesday. We are still not sure about further details but we will post here as soon as they become available.

It is a terribly sad day for all of us who knew him, loved him and counted him as a true friend.

Lou Peralta

We just spoke with Jason (Morgan's son) and Shelly (Morgan's sister), and they inform us that there will be a service-"celebration of life" get together, Saturday, February 16 at 1 p.m. in Oak Hills, CA. The exact address and details will be sent to us shortly and we will post it, accordingly

How very sad... it's been a few years, but Morgan was a guy we enjoyed seeing at the SoCal races while Jason and Stephanie were racing. He was always doing whatever he could to support his kids racing experience while having fun, too. My condolences to Jason, Stephanie, and the rest of his family.

Here's more information regarding Morgan Malocco. The family has set up a trust account to receive donations. You should know that because of Morgan's bad legs (from an off-road accident many years ago), he could not get medical insurance. This makes it very tough for Jason and Stephanie (his kids). Amber Marie Norman is Morgan's niece and she has set up the trust. Donations can be sent to:

Bank of America; Amber M. Norman Trustee, acct.# 004966811122.

The information for the service is:

Saturday, February 16, 2008 @ 1 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
    11042 White Fox Trail
    Oakhills, CA 92344

Morgan Malocco "Celebration of life"

We will be having a celebration of life for our dad on 2-16-08 from 1-6pm you are welcome to come anytime! You do not have to be there a certain time, it will go on all day!! It will be held at:
    11042 whitefox trl
    Oak hills, CA 92344
    If you get off on the 15fwy and go West on main you will pass over 395 and make a rright on Lilac and then a Left on Whitefox trl and its the 2nd house on the left!! We will be putting up either Penzoil flags or checkers flags for the turn offs!!

If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me at or call 760-403-8462

Thank you to everyone for all your support!! Everyone has been so great to us trough all this.

Love Stephanie & jasen Malocco

Mesa, AZ
    My condolences to his family. Morgan was always a friendly face in the pits, and was always there to help. Very sad day indeed.

We apologize, but in an effort by several family members to help, things have gotten a bit confusing, with several Trust accounts having been set up.

Everyone knows Jason and Stephanie Malocco, and we spoke with them. In order to avoid any confusion, if you have not sent your contribution to the Morgan Malocco Trust Fund, Please Send it to: Jason and/or Stephanie Malocco - 9594 "I" Ave., Suite E, Hesperia, CA 92345 - That way we know the kids will get any contributions and it's up to them to distribute it accordingly. I think that's what Morgan would want. There are just too many players right now to sort out.
    Thank you.

Thread Information