RETIRED !! In Mobile AL or Wherever I Want To Go
    +1

Carbs for 1200r ?

What carbs do you like for the 12r with the popular rec mods? River to bay rider w/ advent, 150 head, 12/20 nujet, riva grate, r&d plate. Just curious about the stock carbs, modified stock carbs, taper bore carbs, black jacks, novi, etc...I am leaning towards the modified stock carbs or maybe taper bore, but I have no experience with the "taper bore" carbs and their reputation as being finicky. I really don't need the novi, even though I think they are the best (and most expensive). You guys know what works on the triples, and all of my experience is with twin cylinders. What do you think?

+1
    I will be trying a new NOVI modded OEM carb pretty soon..so if you're not in a hurry, stay tuned.

You can get the choke plates removed and re-jetted by Carl at Island racing for starters or if you need them taper-bored there are a few shops that do that mod.

I am anxious to get the OEM Novi's working.

+1
    On the 1200 platform like yours I have had great success with rejetted and properly set-up OEM carbs. These things really do perform well, when they are set-up right. I have Black Jacks and like them too. Can't wait to hear what the new Novi mod does. PW any idea on cost to modify?

+1
    I am not sure yet Bill..I still need to talk to Tim. I will lay it out when I find out.

RETIRED !! In Mobile AL or Wherever I Want To Go
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistonwash View Post
    I will be trying a new NOVI modded OEM carb pretty soon..so if you're not in a hurry, stay tuned.

You can get the choke plates removed and re-jetted by Carl at Island racing for starters or if you need them taper-bored there are a few shops that do that mod.

I am anxious to get the OEM Novi's working.
    PW- I ran the Novi production carbs on my SS sea-doo 785, and must say that they produce smooth power all the way up to max rpm. I had the fuel rail setup and used their fuel pressure setup with a guage. IMO, the correct fuel pressure would be critical on a triple cylinder to make the carbs work the best for you.
    I will be watching for your posts. As of right now, I think Bill is correct with the modded stock carbs. I have time to figure out what I really want. My riding is going to be river cruiser with trips to the surf for play. I forgot to post that I also have vf3's not installed, but I have a lot of hull,plate,pump, stuff to do before I get to the carbs. I am going to do one thing at a time so I can see what does what as far as gains in speed, rpm, etc. I like to see what I get out of something when I make changes to my boat. More fun that way too.

Thread Information