Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

What Computer Problems Have You Had?

Anyone have any bad problems with their PCs or Macs? right now, I have an HP Pavilion dv2000t CTO notebook. The CD drive broke back in October. it fixed itself, but then broke again. I have received replacement drives from HP, but of course they don't fit. I am waiting on my 3rd drive now. The current delivery date is 2/6/08 (been waiting since 11/26/07!!!) . If it does not come by that date, my dad says that if we get enough money by trying to get through to the credit card company, I get a new MacBook. And of course I've had some problems with Vista on that laptop and my DELL that I got when Vista pretty much just came out.

My Biggest computer problem was having a PC before getting a MAC

thats funny, cuz macs suck! They are totally useless for anything other then school stuff, and who wants that PC's are a gazzilion times better then Macs for anything else. My biggest computer problems are the Macs we have here at school, they suck, and there even the good ones, and I still hate them with a passion. You can not play any high-end games with macs like you can on a REAL computer. Your always gonna have problems with computers if you buy them from a company like dell or HP or w/e. Just buy your own parts buy a box and put it together urself or have someone build it for you, that way, when you have a problem like your cd drive broke, simply pull out your broken one, smash it on the ground and buy a new one the next day If I were to ever buy from a company it would be Alien Ware, amazing computers, yes overpriced but you get the warranty and support with it, and there good for gaming, even there laptops, for college I wanna get an alienware laptop

Moderated
    sorry but alienware suck and now that dell own them they suck even more.

alienware warranty hahahaha...enjoy the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    thats funny, cuz macs suck! They are totally useless for anything other then school stuff, and who wants that PC's are a gazzilion times better then Macs for anything else. My biggest computer problems are the Macs we have here at school, they suck, and there even the good ones, and I still hate them with a passion. You can not play any high-end games with macs like you can on a REAL computer. Your always gonna have problems with computers if you buy them from a company like dell or HP or w/e. Just buy your own parts buy a box and put it together urself or have someone build it for you, that way, when you have a problem like your cd drive broke, simply pull out your broken one, smash it on the ground and buy a new one the next day If I were to ever buy from a company it would be Alien Ware, amazing computers, yes overpriced but you get the warranty and support with it, and there good for gaming, even there laptops, for college I wanna get an alienware laptop
    only 1 problem with your statement...alienware customer service/warranty are completely non-existent. Don't kid yourself, if you buy an alienware you better be prepared to either accept what they send you (whether it be what you ordered or not or damaged) or be prepared to spend hours upon hours on the phone with them getting nowhere fast and no real solution to the issue. read customer reviews on alienware...serious serious horror stories considering when you pay 4+K for a pc, you expect to get what you ordered and have it arrive intact and in working order. and when its not correct or its damaged YOU have to pay a 15% restocking fee. whats 15% of 4k? and for something that is out of your control...come on. I build my own stuff, but id take a mac over any alienware any day of the week...

Quote Originally Posted by izz0 View Post
    sorry but alienware suck and now that dell own them they suck even more.

alienware warranty hahahaha...enjoy the wait.
    ahh, has someone owned and alienware before?

? I have never used a computer easier than a MAC. Has the best video editing software I've used. I don't do any papers or anything on it, I have a desktop DELL for that (and for D/L boating charts), and don't use it ever really. But for video editing it's the best I found for an affordable price (to me)

A lot of my friends hate it, they can't figure it out, but they never gave it a chance and were close minded with PCs

Banned User
    +1
    I have never bought a single complete PC in my life, have always built them from the ground up...Have used a MAC on a few occasions, and I enjoyed it...except it has no right click

+1
    Can't get battlefield 2142 to fire up. It acts like I click nothing, when I try to fire it off. Not even the little menu.

Oh, did you mean REAL computer problems? No, most of my screwups have been from building my own.

macs are nice... for work.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I have never bought a single complete PC in my life, have always built them from the ground up...Have used a MAC on a few occasions, and I enjoyed it...except it has no right click
    I went into the Mac store at one of the malls close by the house. I swear I felt I had just walked into a revenge of the nerds reunion party. The people who worked there as well as the customers walking around could only be described as a carnival freakshow.
    The one thing I bever realized about Macs is they still use the same processors as PC's. I thought they were totally different.
    Anyway, My Compaq presario which may be the worst rated PC of all time is humming along just fine (6yrs now) with the occasional upgrade. I will be popping in a quad core processor and mother board to go with the 2gb ram next week.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information