+1

Need info on the concept of swapping injectors

I've got a the RR SC Impeller coming. Some folks are saying that with the stock 38lb injectors and reflashed RR ECU, that there is a chance the ski will run too lean. To offset that I've been told to switch to bigger 42lb inejectors.

My questions are:

On the injectors, is it similar to leaning out/fattening carbs? Meaning in the winter you want to run some "fatter"/higher pound injectors and in the summer you want to lean it out/run lower pound injectors?

Or would it make sense to have larger injectors all year and a fuel controller that delivers different fuel maps depending on your air temps/altitude?

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    good question Jarrett... this is going to affect me as well since i ride in air temps from 30 degrees up to 95 degrees.. big reason why i'm def getting an AFR gauge.

i'd imagine if u can get away with swapping injectors to solve the problem it's cheaper than a fuel controller... question is how well will jsut injectors control the AFR from 2000RPM all the day up to 8500

+1
    In the heat you will be fine with stock injectors. If you ride in very cold air/water then its better to go with the 42# injectors.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk
    In the heat you will be fine with stock injectors. If you ride in very cold air/water then its better to go with the 42# injectors.
    Jerry, here in the caribbean our local air temp is almost the same all year round, we are talking about 80 to 90 deg, do this mean that we can run this new R/R SC impeller with the stock oem 38lbs/hrs injectors without goin lean??? do this info also aply for those like me that are running a stage II package with the stock class (4502) R/R ECU that is supposed to run leaner than the oem and race (4501) ECU?? thanks in advance for your reply

Ray

If you had the 42lb would you be safe during the hot and cold.

Someone realy needs to test the stock injectors at rceng.com or any of the other true injector places then use those numbers to compare. You have to have injector opening time taken into account and you can not mix and match High imp and Lo imp on the same ECU. Not all 42 lb injectors are the same. 4 42s will support about 190 hp on a slow reving motor. 8500 only makes things worse. Please guys you have to read the manuals at http://www.megamanual.com/v22manual/mtabcon.htm

AW

+1
    Ray, more than likely you would be fine, but you need to measure your A/F ratio to be sure.

Anyone that is modding their ski to the point where they are adding boost and increasing RPM's should have one of these. This leaves all the guess work out of the equation.

http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...?idproduct=150

Thread Information