Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

2008 APBA Rule Changes

Here is the the summary of the APBA meeting
    http://www.apbaracing.com/080206_news_apba_summary.pdf

+1
    What do you think of ECU for the 215hp no ecu for the 255?

How about no nozzles for runabouts. Hope this means stock class.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxpstan View Post
    How about no nozzles for runabouts. Hope this means stock class.
    I was wondering about that too. Surely that means just for stock class, right? And the SS wear ring too. Why couldn't you run an SS wear ring in limited or open classes?

+1
    Last year they didnt allow nozzle for 4-stroke in limited. I think the SS wear ring might now be allow in limited since last year it said stock class rules unless stated.

I don't agree with the ECU rule for the 215 RXP, but with the 255 I can understand. My stock class 215 rxp only ran 70mph so I don't see where they are getting excess of 73mph. I think the RXP-X will be the boat to have in stock even without having an ECU

It just sucks the rules are so different between IJSBA and APBA now.

I'm happy APBA didnt take away ECU for both the 215 and 255 for limited and the aftermkaret SC Fan.

+1
    And why the rule that you must leave the OEM foam in the ski? Is this just for stock class? You have to remove foam for most aftermarket IC installations.

+1
    I think that is just for stock class

There is also no APBA pro-am stock R/A class. They kept the pro-am ski stock class. I know many pros that are going to turn in their pro cards and go back to expert now to have a class to race in. Some pros just could not afford to build an open boat nor wanted to due to todays cost to race. True Novice riders have not been advancing fast up the ranks but now they will just quit the sport due to pro's racing as experts in the am classes for 1200 R/A stock. They penalized both pro's and novices trying to force novice riders up. They should have put rules in place that forced up the high points champs and the national and possibly the regional champs instead. I think they did a terrible job with the class structure. I do like them giving the N/A boats a class so they will quit complaining about RXP's. With the rule changes to stock class the boat to have is either ultra or rxp-x. They have made the 215 RXP completely useless by restricting the ecu's in any stock class but protected the old outdated, not even built anymore 2 strokes.
    There is no performance gain from a metal wear ring on a RXP. It only keeps you from having to change the plastic one after every day of racing. On another note they are not trying to line up with the IJSBA or working together. The APBA is working against the IJSBA and causing the US riders to deal with 2 different sets of rules.
    Personally, I don't see many changes for the better.
    Duane
    Last edited by duane; 02-06-2008 at 04:52 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by duane View Post
    There is no performance gain from a metal wear ring on a RXP. It only keeps you from having to change the plastic one after every day of racing.
    I completely agree and was scratching my head at the statement that a SS wear ring gives a performance advantage.

+1
    I know Mitch wasn't happy about them dropping pro-am 1200 stock. Since they took the ECU away I don't see a point to even racing my RXP in Stock since I know there is no way I can keep up with a RXP-X. Probably end up saving the RXP for WF in runabout lites atleast then all I'd have to worry about are the autronic RXPs lol.

R5 Water-X Racing Promoter PowerShot's Avatar
    +1
    OK let me clarify a couple of things seeing as how I was there and involved with some of the rulings.

I agree that the RXP should have been able to use the aftermarket SS wear ring. It does not give and advantage it just makes it more economical for the racers to keep there PWC running.

I dont see where you think you MUST have an ECU to be competitive...In stock class it is meant so that it should come down to rider ability! PERIOD! Plus all "Stock" legal 4-Stroke R/A will now run all pretty much the same speeds and it finally will come back to rider ability. And that means those that always have had to rely on en ECU will now have to practice harder.
    Plus if your PWC runs inexcess of 73 or 74 MPH you dont belong in stock class and you should be in Ltd class with all the other 73+mph PWC.

Also regarding the RXP-X...They may not allow the RXP-X in the Stock class. We will see!

Like it said you can NOT remove the OEM foam from a stock R/A only for the purpose of installing sponsons.

No aftermarket nozzles in stock But I believe you can have them in Ltd. As well as Aftermarket ECU's.

The comments regarding that we "Hurt" the R/A Stock Class... No we looked and weighed all the options for this decision and saw that the numbers just werent there to offer the Pro-1200 Stock class and it's kinda hard for the promoters to go after the ones that have not and will not move up. We are currently working on a system that will hopefully be put into place in 2009 that can moniter these kinds of things. Like I said we weighed all the options and decided to combine the two classes and call it Am R/A 1200 Stk. If you have any other idea please contact Patrick Mell at [email protected] and give him your input. He will listen and respond and if there is a better idea we may use it.

The comment saying that we are not trying to work with the IJSBA...If you only knew Duane if you only knew! We have tried to wor with them and they are only out to make the quick dollar and YOUR interests are NOT their interests. They do not care about what you think nor will they allow you to be at the supposed meetings they hold. that no one knows what goes on and there are no notes for. Where as with the APBA you ARE allowed atthe meetings and ARE encouraged to attend and the APBA supplies you with the meeting outcome in a timely manner.

The RXP is not outdated just because you cant run an ECU..Trust me! We ALL AGREED!! The APBA is out to make rule changes for the better...They wanted to do away with all aftermarket bolt on items in the Stock class and make it a "Stock Box" class and we all voted against that and told them they cant do that because then you WOULD destroy the stock class because they would run everyone off..due to the fact that ALOT of riders have got Bolt on items on there PWC...And only a handfull has the Aftermarket Rotax ECU.

Again please email Patrick or call him if you have any concerns or questions befoe we print the Rule book! Your words and opinions matter!

We knew we couldnt make everyone happy but this is MOST DEFINATLEY a start!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information