Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cruiser vs Ordinary

Whats the diffrents between the cruiser models and the ordinary models like the:
    fx sho cruiser or the fx sho
    fx Ho cruiser or the fx Ho

+1
    the seat!!! way more cushion on the cruiser as well as the humps!!!! pop up cleats. . and a couple trim (chrome peices) on the cruiser models . . other than that NO DIFFERENCE IN PERFORMANCE OR HULL!!! OR GUAGES !!!! worth the extra $600-800. . . .my honest opinion NO!!! but i liked the blue the f.x. h.o. cruiser came in . . so yes in that matter it was worth it haha . . how ever the sho comes in blue so i don't need the cruiser model and i wount be getting it this time around !!

yah the only big difference is the seat for most people it doesnt make much of a difference but for families the extra is worth it

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Seat, cleats, paint.... To name a few things. The Cruiser DOES have different options in the gauge cluster. But visually are the same.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    Seat, cleats, paint.... To name a few things. The Cruiser DOES have different options in the gauge cluster. But visually are the same.

All correct and I'll add that the cruiser handle bars are mounted higher in a position that many prefer.

Richard

+1
    Extra multifunction display on cruiser;

Compass, Average speed, tripmeter, trip timer, fuel consumption per hour, fuel consumption per mile, water temp, air temp.

Only problem with this display is it resets every time engine is stopped, thus making it nowhere as usefull as it could be!!

+1
    Thanks For Chimming In And Helping Out With That Guage Thing I Didn't Know The Reg. Didn't Have Those Features . . How Ever My Ski Was In Kil. And L /per Hour . . For 25 Of The 27 Hours I Owned The Skii. . No One Seemed To Know How To Change It Over. . And Yes . .it Always Resets When U Shut It Off . . Even If U Don't Pull The Key!!!

the cruiser seat is the worst enemy for tall people atleast thats what i find, but if the ski has tilt stearing then it's fine.

I feel I should come in here.

I ran my SHO in this morning (12 hours ago US time) to the Yamaha manual.
    It's a red Cruiser with the 'seat'. I've owned GPs and GPRs and enjoyed sliding around on the seat and sitting will back when 'pressing on'.
    I found the Cruiser seat stopped this riding style. I was held in the seat and my movement was restricted. I did play with the angle of the bars.
    Perhaps I may get used to it and change my old riding habits. Not sure.

I did about another hour on a 'standard' FX160 later on and I was back to sitting well back and sliding around. Felt good.

I was talking to a friend (Kev FX160) a while ago and he as an experiance PWC user felt the Cruiser seat is probably for people that have perhaps not had a ski before, and are not used to moving around a lot.
    Kev does have an FX160 with the 'standard' seat.

In Australia I was commited to the Cruiser as that's the only SHO, at the moment that is coming in here in red. Have had blue Yami's for years, so did not want the new blue 'standard' SHO. I needed a change. Am I a problem?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yamaha FXSHO 017.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	103.4 KB 
ID:	56616  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by the gos View Post
    I feel I should come in here.

I ran my SHO in this morning (12 hours ago US time) to the Yamaha manual.
    It's a red Cruiser with the 'seat'. I've owned GPs and GPRs and enjoyed sliding around on the seat and sitting will back when 'pressing on'.
    I found the Cruiser seat stopped this riding style. I was held in the seat and my movement was restricted. I did play with the angle of the bars.
    Perhaps I may get used to it and change my old riding habits. Not sure.

I did about another hour on a 'standard' FX160 later on and I was back to sitting well back and sliding around. Felt good.

I was talking to a friend (Kev FX160) a while ago and he as an experiance PWC user felt the Cruiser seat is probably for people that have perhaps not had a ski before, and are not used to moving around a lot.
    Kev does have an FX160 with the 'standard' seat.

In Australia I was commited to the Cruiser as that's the only SHO, at the moment that is coming in here in red. Have had blue Yami's for years, so did not want the new blue 'standard' SHO. I needed a change. Am I a problem?
    You can always trade with someone who wants to put a cruiser seat on the standard sho & then buy & aftermarket seat cover to match the color you want. Some have said the seat back is soft enough to sit on so you can move back, dont know about that, I have not rode one...

Jim

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information