+1

Check out my catch can! Kinchyle you'll love it!!

Well guys it was all of about $4.00 bucks.
    Used my Blow off valve K&N, I had to do something with my 4inch intake.
    The bottom unscrews and I put RTV around the fitting. Just incase. The hose is very stiff as inside the fittings actually touch. So no movement.

What do ya'll think. DON"T hold back.

+1
    Don`t hold back? Seriously?

I think if you took off the sticker from the bottom cap and then painted the whole the black it would look good. You can get the epoxy touch up paint at home depot. Use statin black so it doesn't look shinny and it comes with the applicator brush.

Wow lots of breathing on that.

does the 3/4 tap you have going into the pvc make a 90 down or go straight in. With the filter that close if you made a 90 going down it would stop the blow by from going up into the filter. I think you would be ok with a straight though. Also you might want to make a small hole below the hose just incase oil fills up to the hose. If it does you will get pressure back in the crancase which isn't good.

I was also thinking about what Hoss had said about the bailers but I'm wondering if taping the bottom and having it T to the battery drainage would actually send the oil out into the water.

You can also drill out the cap and rtv/epoxy a bottle to it so it's clear and you can see when it's full. Wal Mart has the misc bottles in the hair/comb isle.

You can't beat 4 bucks!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HOSS
    Don`t hold back? Seriously?
    Well HOSS I needed something fast as the Jaz catch cans would take a week + to get here.

Is it that bad?
    Going to the Lake house for the weekend. Chat with ya'll Sunday.

74 is my goal. I trimmed the reverse gate NOW.

if it is temporary, it might work rabbit! But I don`t think there is enough plenum there to let the liquid drop out, and into the bottom.

I have something in the works that`s closed loop, no breather, you`ll have to wait till it`s assembled ...PR...

+1
    are you guys drinking,,,if so its ,,,,,,,ok

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider
    if it is temporary, it might work rabbit! But I don`t think there is enough plenum there to let the liquid drop out, and into the bottom.

I have something in the works that`s closed loop, no breather, you`ll have to wait till it`s assembled ...PR...
    He's right. You need something inside the can for the oil vapor to condense on to. Just simply passing through won't work.

After finally finishing rebuilding 3 and installing 2 951's in the past few weeks I finally have time to do some things to my ski tonight and all seems to be going as planned as far as the air intake and pipe. PR I think I've learned everything I need to know about building a closed oil separator and will try to build the "proto" from PVC this weekend and hope to do one in aluminum if it works to match the 3" Tee from aluminum tubing with a 3/4" branch to tie into the intake hose that I've already made. Let me know how yours turns out PR.

+1
    temporary,,,,,,,get some / fuel line,,,,,and a tampon,,,,you guys are funny
    Kanuck,,,quick,,,,wip me up a batch of weld,,,we`ll glue the tampon on,,,hurry! :P

Quote Originally Posted by GTXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider

He's right. You need something inside the can for the oil vapor to condense on to. Just simply passing through won't work.

After finally finishing rebuilding 3 and installing 2 951's in the past few weeks I finally have time to do some things to my ski tonight and all seems to be going as planned as far as the air intake and pipe. PR I think I've learned everything I need to know about building a closed oil separator and will try to build the "proto" from PVC this weekend and hope to do one in aluminum if it works to match the 3" Tee from aluminum tubing with a 3/4" branch to tie into the intake hose that I've already made. Let me know how yours turns out PR.

I`ve also thought about a baffle or chamber to allow the vapors to cling to, I`m not going to use plastic, thinking about _______ :P
    Right now, I`m investigating the heat ranges of the materials I`m gonna try! This is going to be cool!, Good luck with your proto GTXX...PR...

I use a faucet drainer that is attached inside the cap that has the bottle. That is where my condenses at. Can't wait to see yours GTXX.

Thread Information