Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1

Does anybody do this (primer)

Quadzilla and I were talking, and he told me to install the tubes to my plunger this way... I was wondering if any of you are running it this way, and want to make sure this will work correctly ( not doubting you gerry just making sure )

So set the red nob to reserve, and replace it with the plunger. Just zip tie the tubes some where, with it set at reserve. Cut into the main line, and install a T-fitting. From the T-fitting connect a tube to the Plunger, and from the plunger have the tube looped once or twice, and connected to the carbs.

Anybody? Tips, Comments.. ? thanks..

-Hallpass

+1
    anyone? Hoping to get this done tonight...

you completly lost me! I cut a tee into the reserve and feed the primer ( make sure you use the correct side) then from the primer to the carbs with a loop so it doesn't dribble , I can't follow what your doing with the fuel switch?

drop the switch all together.. and hook up the primer to the fuel RETURN line,this actually primes the carbs, pressurizes the tank and squirts fuel next to the flame arrestors.. if you hook the primer up to the main or reserve line all it does is squirt gas and doesnt prime shit....

have you dropped the reserve line in the tank yet, and removed the trap door?

Squirt gas! isn't that the point? works great on all 4 of mine whats the advantage of the other method? I cant see 3 pumps of a primer charging the fuel tank to 2 or 3 psi ? plus the second it fires the fuel circuit does that job? any input would be appreciated cause I don't get it

+1
    like turn you red nob to reserve.. and then take out off that whole piece, so you can put your plunger there.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
    Squirt gas! isn't that the point? works great on all 4 of mine whats the advantage of the other method? I cant see 3 pumps of a primer charging the fuel tank to 2 or 3 psi ? plus the second it fires the fuel circuit does that job? any input would be appreciated cause I don't get it
    neither do i man.. I dont get what is the best method of doing this... everyone says different things

i havent removed my trap door... ive seen the sticky, but dont know what piece that is that you take out/how to get it out...

Quote Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post

think about it zmann. if you pull the fuel to the primer from the main line, it gets the primer wet and squirts fuel to the carbs,which works.,, but when you take it off the return line, the fuel is forced to go through the internals of the carbs before it even reaches the primer, then it squirts.

im not dissin the way anyone does it, i just prefer this method because it actually primes, and your not totally relying on the pulse lines

Quote Originally Posted by HallPass View Post
    like turn you red nob to reserve.. and then take out off that whole piece, so you can put your plunger there.
    once you take the knob off, the direction it faces means nothing.. the hoses are loose...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RDH View Post
    think about it zmann. if you pull the fuel to the primer from the main line, it gets the primer wet and squirts fuel to the carbs,which works.,, but when you take it off the return line, the fuel is forced to go through the internals of the carbs before it even reaches the primer, then it squirts.

im not dissin the way anyone does it, i just prefer this method because it actually primes, and your not totally relying on the pulse lines
    I don't like using the fuel supply do to the fact that the cheap primer line could fail or the plunger could fail inducing air into the fuel charge. This can lean out the motor and destroy it. There has to be 15 different threads on how to do this including throwing the valve in the garbage and removing the flapper door in the tank.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information