Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    [quote=Sundance;530648]
    Quote Originally Posted by GODOSIDIS View Post
    I have many doubts regarding reliability of a 3cylinder squized up to 255hp...

GODOSIDIS---By this statement you have not heard of Zapata and others who have over 400 HP on their Sea-Doos and run for hours in off shore races. Plus my own ski in close to 300 HP--over 100 hours and no issues.

Zapata lost the 07 World Finals due to engine problems, Zapata lost the UIM KaruJet World Championships do to engine problems.

I'm here to tell ya that any motor that is pushing 300 hp is going to have issues in some shape or form regardless of who makes it. Bottom line is speed and power cost and its not if but when they give out.

And who is recommending the SHO when they aint even heard from someone owning one.

Let me be the one to say this. DONT BUY A FIRST YEAR SUPERCHARGED UNIT. SeaDoo went through their first year issues then Kawi went through it and Yami coming up next. Its without question that there will be issue to overcome as both SeaDoo and Kawi have done.

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1

The differences from 07' to 08' Ultra 250X

[quote=Skips313;530730]
    Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    Let me be the one to say this. DONT BUY A FIRST YEAR SUPERCHARGED UNIT. ............. then Kawi went through it .......
    That lead me to a question.....

What did Kawi do specifically in '08 that improves the situation with being SC'd? Man i wish Kawi would put up the darn parts diagrams!!!!!!

I have not seen up close in person the '08 250X. There has been talk about improvements to the ventilation, possible piston ring change, air/fuel curve modification, plus seat and exhaust - but not too much in specifics. (except for the seat and exhaust)

Is it me and I read too fast? I think we are still on topic for the most part even though the RXP/T has been ruled out by the author.
    Last edited by earthshaker; 02-06-2008 at 06:08 PM.

[quote=earthshaker;530743]

That lead me to a question.....

What did Kawi do specifically in '08 that improves the situation with being SC'd? Man i wish Kawi would put up the darn parts diagrams!!!!!!

I have not seen up close in person the '08 250X. There has been talk about improvements to the ventilation, possible piston ring change, air/fuel curve modification, plus seat and exhaust - but not too much in specifics. (except for the seat and exhaust)

Is it me and I read too fast? I think we are still on topic for the most part even though the RXP/T has been ruled out by the author.

The biggest issue the 250 had in 07 was the GIO. Gas-in-Oil. The ventilation was equal to a 15F one. For 08 they addressed this by opening the port in the case to a larger diameter and getting rid of the collection ventilation box. Ill attach pic.
    This extra ventilation avoids pressure back up and condensation of blow by that would collect in the oil. Now the blow by travels faster through the Catch can and is burned off as vapor.
    The 250 also changed the ECU to address rich running condition. This rich added more fuel to the oil and was hurting the Fuel Consumption rating.
    As of my testing I'm getting better gas mileage then my 07 unit. Mostly the AFR shows leaner numbers then the 07. Along with the Ventilation and ECU change there is an exhaust change.

Changes over the 07 to 08 Ultra

-Hood fits better making front compartment stay dryer
    -Seat is supported making it not flex and allowing water into the engine compartment
    -Case ventilation is improved and changed
    -ECU is different with different part #
    -Exhaust is changed side and eliminated the second water box
    -Stock BOV is holding at 12psi only tested two
    -Red pigment still on rag during waxing
    -Front Tube ventilation is blocked off per recall
    -Emission Ventilators are blocked off
    -Throttle is fixed with locking plate per Recall
    -Spark plugs issue resolved per recall
    -Spark plug boots have changes along with the boot cover.
    -Belt tensioner adjuster pin is different, Seems cheaper looking
    -Water fitting to the water box is restricted down
    -Silicone job seems to be alot better. Only seen 4 so far though.
    -Hoses carrying blow off back to the air box are upgraded to a better material
    -Pulley and Pulley coupler seems to be aligned perfect on the units that Ive pulled apart. My 07 was way off alignment making for belt stress.

Thats all I found so far.

Still monitoring the GIO closely as this was a major issue for several of us.

Oops forgot pics

Sorry just had to add th pic of my trademark valve cover. Doing it on all the 250 I biuld now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5499.JPG 
Views:	225 
Size:	562.4 KB 
ID:	56582   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5549.JPG 
Views:	137 
Size:	659.0 KB 
ID:	56583   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5683.JPG 
Views:	573 
Size:	802.3 KB 
ID:	56584  

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    So Skip if I was to remove my box and inlarge the vent coming out of the crank case , and then run hose dirrectly to the catch can would this then be a copy of the 08 design, in turn I wouldnt need the RD kit , does this sound do able,as I had already thaught of adding a extra crankcase vent when I check mine for silicone.

regards.
    Warren

Yes it would on a stock motor. Problem is you would have to pull the motor and crack open the cases to drill out the hole and clean it good before assembling it back together.

+1
    Yes it would on a stock motor. Problem is you would have to pull the motor and crack open the cases to drill out the hole and clean it good before assembling it back together.
    Skip,
    It looks like the vent tube is not removeable like it is on the 07?
    In your pic I don't see the bolts holding it to the block.
    Have you noticed(other than it not drinking as much gas) any change in how it runs with the different ecu? Would the 08 ecu work on a 07?
    I know that would be an expensive mod but would it be worth it if it could be switched?
    Jimmy

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    my thaughts were to use a internal ballon we have in the shop, use our industrial vacum from hell ( sucks more than 25 prostitutes in a row) and use a burr on the orignal hale that way Iwould only have too inlarge about 30% , or just pop the engine out and drop the sump heaps off duct tape and plastic sheets and do the same thing, how much bigger is the new out let.
    warren.
    is it normal for these skiis to get faster with age/hrs, as out of the box felt tight, when compared to the ski I sold to get this one was a 07 rxp215 and fromwhat I felt and was told seadoo go there best day 1 as the Kawi needs to run in ( so the dealer said , he has been selling doos and kawi 4 years and racesabit so he not the normal nugget)?

+1
    [quote=Skips313;530959]
    Quote Originally Posted by earthshaker View Post

The biggest issue the 250 had in 07 was the GIO. Gas-in-Oil. The ventilation was equal to a 15F one. For 08 they addressed this by opening the port in the case to a larger diameter and getting rid of the collection ventilation box. Ill attach pic.
    This extra ventilation avoids pressure back up and condensation of blow by that would collect in the oil. Now the blow by travels faster through the Catch can and is burned off as vapor.
    The 250 also changed the ECU to address rich running condition. This rich added more fuel to the oil and was hurting the Fuel Consumption rating.
    As of my testing I'm getting better gas mileage then my 07 unit. Mostly the AFR shows leaner numbers then the 07. Along with the Ventilation and ECU change there is an exhaust change.

Changes over the 07 to 08 Ultra

-Hood fits better making front compartment stay dryer
    -Seat is supported making it not flex and allowing water into the engine compartment
    -Case ventilation is improved and changed
    -ECU is different with different part #
    -Exhaust is changed side and eliminated the second water box
    -Stock BOV is holding at 12psi only tested two
    -Red pigment still on rag during waxing
    -Front Tube ventilation is blocked off per recall
    -Emission Ventilators are blocked off
    -Throttle is fixed with locking plate per Recall
    -Spark plugs issue resolved per recall
    -Spark plug boots have changes along with the boot cover.
    -Belt tensioner adjuster pin is different, Seems cheaper looking
    -Water fitting to the water box is restricted down
    -Silicone job seems to be alot better. Only seen 4 so far though.
    -Hoses carrying blow off back to the air box are upgraded to a better material
    -Pulley and Pulley coupler seems to be aligned perfect on the units that Ive pulled apart. My 07 was way off alignment making for belt stress.

Thats all I found so far.

Still monitoring the GIO closely as this was a major issue for several of us.
    Ahh Ha!

THIS should be a sticky for awhile. I suspect the breather box is gone and there is a hose that runs from that new barb in the case, straight up to the cover, then into the can like the '07 right?

I think i hit on this and is one reason i did not get the kit. Pressure still had to leave that fitting before getting into the kit....I guess the logic was to add some hoses to get it to the catch can faster, rather than travel through the Valve Cover - and i guess it worked since so many have reported positively. I like the way it is addressed on the '08 if i called it right above.

Thanks for putting yourself in the position with so many skis which I, probably as you do, think are king with the most potential.

I can't wait for the turbo'ed 250X mod. Where the SC ends, the Turbo will likely pick up.
    Last edited by earthshaker; 02-07-2008 at 01:14 AM.

+1
    The hole in the case is significantly larger than the tube as i recall. I see no reason why a plate with a larger penetration and tube I.D. could be fabbed up.

No need to drill the case possibly. Skip, Have you measured the I.D. of the '08 tube?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information