+1

250x KDS software & ecu reflash

can you use the KDS software to log data?
    can you use the KDS to reflash the ECU?
    How do you reflash an ECU?
    Can you use the stock ecu for logging, tuning, and changing stock settings?

any related info or experiances would be helpful, thanks

BornR, KDS retrieves & displays data from multiple sensors in real time onto laptop. It stores the data, but for limited time. I'm not yet sure how long the data is stored by ski, but I dont think its very long as program overwrites itself. The data is apparently automatically sent to Kawi which may store it separately. My understanding is that whenever a registered user of the software opens program, the retrieved data is sent to Kawi.

I'm no expert with this but did get a demo to see it in action by a registered user. I doubt KDS can affect ECU in any way. I think its sensor data record & display only. If anyone else has info, that would be great.

From the little I know, the program does only read info and has no ways of flashing anything in the ECU whatsoever. I'm not aware of any way to flash the ECU. The best proof for that is that even at the dealer level, if you mess up with too many ignition keys, the ECU locks itself and has to be replaced - there not even a way to unlock it.

Quote Originally Posted by goblin View Post
    From the little I know, the program does only read info and has no ways of flashing anything in the ECU whatsoever. I'm not aware of any way to flash the ECU. The best proof for that is that even at the dealer level, if you mess up with too many ignition keys, the ECU locks itself and has to be replaced - there not even a way to unlock it.

Only Kawi Corp can access the ECU. The KDS is for diagnostics use only. Born Rider I found your problem with shut offs. Ya wanna know what it is.

Just a H-20 HO....Need I say More! Mykull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    Only Kawi Corp can access the ECU. The KDS is for diagnostics use only. Born Rider I found your problem with shut offs. Ya wanna know what it is.
    Allright Skip spill the beans already!! Barrett`s Ultra has been driving him nuts since day one!! We went over it tryin to figure it out....so is it the ECU? I have ridden it and as per norm it didnt shutoff on me..but it acts up when Barrett rides it. SOOOOOO???????

OK. Fine Ill give you the scoop.

In testing we had a machine cut off and not restart. After we towed it in the thing start right up with no issue.

We were tipped off about the fuse housing being bad. So I cut that thing off and hard wired it together. It aint been an issue since.

Im going to have to some day put a fuse kit in it but for racing it seems fine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5557.JPG 
Views:	121 
Size:	232.3 KB 
ID:	60770  

Thread Information