Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade

Upgrade

Hi guys do you all think this willbe a good upgrade for my 1994 SL 750 and if it is, will the carbs need tobe reajusted and what willbe the adjustments thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Triple Vortex's.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	56698  

Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    +1
    Excellent upgrade, you will need larger main jets with the air cleaners alone, with the head the will need to be bigger depending on which thickness gasket you run as that will determine your final compression and what octane fuel you will need.

huh

Great upgrades!!!!!! You will need to rejet your carbs. You will probley have to run 92 octane gas depending on what head gaskets you are going to use with those heads. The more compression the more octane you will have to run. But this will result in a lot more power!!

How will i fine out what Head Gasket and carb jets I'll need ?

Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    +1
    If you're going in there you might as well put some nice aftermarket reeds on the stock cages and install some reed spaces too. I know you hate me now , but you'll thank me later . Contact Ken from Ocean Pro about the gaskets. He's on here somewhere. Anybody else have a source for the gaskets??? The head when new should come with two gaskets which are a different thickness.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Good upgrades for sure, but will require tuning on your part. There is no simple answer for what to jet your carbs to, as many factors are involved. Flame arrestors may get away with just a turn of the high screw (possibly needing rejetted) But the head will totally require new jetting, of which you need to determine. They are correct about the head gaskets and octane rating. OP made copper head gaskets in different thickness to be able to adjust your compression. 150 lbs psi will need 92 octane or higher, and anything above that, may need 100 octane mixed in.

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Here's the factory instructions I posted for the aftermarket O/P F/A in the Tech section. post #21 The mains should be changed to 102.5's for the 750.This would be a start,but then do Plug Chops and check the Piston Wash to be sure.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...t=22278&page=3

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Interestingly, ShaneG has bought Vortex from Ken at OP and he said you will only need to open up the high speed screw. But your kit came with jets? I'm confused.......

Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    Interestingly, ShaneG has bought Vortex from Ken at OP and he said you will only need to open up the high speed screw. But your kit came with jets? I'm confused.......
    Maybe I can help.. The vortex's did not come with re jetting specs or jets thats not to say that some people did not need to rejet. Yes there is a group of factors that may determine if you need to rejet..altitude, compression,exhaust, high rpm port timeing ect...ect Power tuning is the only way to get exact fuel mixture for your application and area you ride in. Generally the VORTEX is within the metering range of most mild to moderate performance set ups. Thats ajusting both high and low range metering screws. If you would like some tricks on power tuning just call me. Did those instructions have my co. logo on them? We sold VORTEX'S all over the world to dealers and distributors and individuals. Maybe some one printed some thing up.
    Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information