Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

RXP-X Top Speed Stock

Bought a GPS today rxp-x topped out at 67.7 mph With 3/4 of a tank of gas! Tested in a bay with relatively calm waters.

+1
    how many hours and what RPM`s are you turning

10 hrs didn't look at rpms

+1
    welcome to the forum and congrats to your awesome new friend

is it broken in and how did you break it in.... reason im wondering is im seeing if how you broke it in caused it to not perform as well as the engine could or Terry got a factory freak or maybe you got a slug. just trying to see the correlation between break-in technique and performance.

thanx

+1
    in regards to speed i think it is possible to be correct for stock x speeds. i realize bigbuck has reported better speeds, but also others including magazines have reported anywhere from 67 to 69 mph. you must remember that brp has to meet certain stock speeds to be able to market the ski legally.(supposely 65 mph) Most importantly not stated in this report is water temp, air temp, humidty, and altitude. This all converts into density altitude which affects rpms in big ways. For every 100 rpm loss you can loose as much as 1 mph. For every 1,000 ft. you can loose 100 rpm. There are too many variables to compare skis apples to apples. I do agree that after proper break in and more hours the engine can run better.
    We all must baseline each indivual ski seperately and take in density altitude to really compare to one another.
    It is the same thing that effects the NHRA dragsters from different locations and conditions.
    Last edited by skoepp; 02-08-2008 at 12:11 AM.

also something to put in your pipe, not many machines are 100% identical.......say one guy in the factory who aligns the engine to pump shoe etc. (just an example) could be a guy that takes pride in his work and get's it spot on.....

then you have another guy who's wife just cheated on him, he's hungover and really doesn't give a crap how spot on the alignment is as long as he get's his pay check obviously that ski would not perform as well as the ski put together with pride

was the ski built on monday or friday.......somone could have slapped it together at the last minute so he could punch his time card and head on vacation on a Friday afternoon.

Over the 15 years I've been riding PWC's.......there has always been a hot one or two of the same year and model on MY lake.......I would guess they were built on Monday inspected by the guy who takes pride in his work
    Last edited by cosmic; 02-08-2008 at 12:25 AM.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    agree 100%

but one could always take the other angle , that most things go there best just before they blow up . mmmmmmmmm

for his sake I hope he got the freaky fast ski!!!

just a thaught.

LOL @ the "factory freak" My 04 RXP was a factory freak. Durring July (04) down here in GA with all the heat and humidty I could rip off 68.8 on GPS ALL stock with little over 10 hours. With the just the solas 14/19 instaled 70GPS A year later "BOOM" motor went down for the count. Got a new motor and it would only pull around 67. I dont want no more Freaks. Thats skis not women LOL

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information