Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

guys, I really need help on this one

I have a 97 gp1200, I went to start it after about 3 months and its completly dead. The battery is fully charged as I tried it on my 03 gpr and it started, but on the 1200 not even an attempt nothing not even the dash works, I checked the fuse and its fine.Can anyone giude me in the right direction please

you said not even the dash works. Did you hold the button in til it asked for a code or should say start i think. What did you do from the time it started last til now? Think of everything.

dude nothing, the last time i started it i was adjusting the throttle cable because the plate that holds the cable in place near the carbs had broken

+1
    Moved to "old school" for better exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by maguyver View Post
    dude nothing, the last time i started it i was adjusting the throttle cable because the plate that holds the cable in place near the carbs had broken
    I would check all the wires in the box(cdi plugs everything). Also what you can also do is...just throwing this out there.......remove the plugs and see if you can turn the engine over by hand. Do this by turn the coupler. I think you should be able to move it. I am lost from there it does sound electrical. Has to be something wrong with the box. Double check the battery cables. and make sure pos goes to pos and neg goes to neg. Might sound stupid but i seen it happen.

lol yea ive seen ple reverse the two also, dude i looked inside the box i even took apart the little box on the handle bar and every thing looked fine....... this is really kicking my a

It has to be electrical. Try to pm dav_d man, Flying Scotsman, Pistonwash, and 97gpsleeper. These are the main Gp guys. They know more than the person who built the damn ski.

in the tech section there is a service manual that will show you how to test the start switch and I know that in the 4 pin connector going to the dash from the electrical box the black and red is the power supply so you can check that also ( fuses can look good but it's best to test them)
    also like was said the code needs to be reset
    copy SBT
    Yamaha Code Reset
    If you have forgotten your code or bought a ski from someone without the code, here is how to reset it.

Remove the front storage bin and/or seat to locate the single blue wire connector and disconnect it. Hold down MODE until it prompts you for a new code. Enter a new 4 digit code. Reconnect the blue wire connector. You may now operate normally.
    Last edited by ZMANN; 02-08-2008 at 10:17 AM. Reason: spelliong

+1
    if you have a good battery and are getting nothing at all check your ground first, then start at the strt/stop switch get the manual it takes you through the all tests very good info in there. I have been through the entire system in the past it is not hard at all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information