Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Why would anyone buy a Speedster Wake???

Personally I love to wakeboard and in a few years want to get my dream boat of a Nautique 211. Yes, I like to be able to do a bit of everything but have wakeboarded off the killer wake a 211 can put out. I know a new one is about $60,000 minimum, but you can find a used one about 2 years old for $40,000 easy. I currently own a little Sportster, and it's a fun boat, but once my kid gets a little older, it's time to move on. However, I would never dream of in a million years spending $40,000 plus on a Sea Doo Speedster Wake. The wake would never begin to compare to a wakeboard boat. If anyone bought the Speedster, I assume wakeboarding would be a main reason, but why spend that money on a Sea Doo jet boat with a lousy wake compared to most wakeboarding boats?

Inquiring minds want to know!

And, please, I am honestly not trying to offend or hate on anyone.
    Last edited by sandiegoski; 02-08-2008 at 12:10 AM.

perhaps because wakebourding isn´t the main reason, but just part of the fun next to be able to have a perfect fun boat when your not wakeboarding

Personally, I wouldn't buy a speedster wake either.

I am not a wakeboarder so I don't really know but have you been behind a Malibu with their 'wedge'? It's an incredible concept that, at least on paper, would be a much better way of adding displacement (or create a bigger wake in other words). They've won quite a few awards for "best tow boat". IMO their fit and finish is also a bit nicer (but it's close). If not, check it out before you buy.

well SeaDoo boats dont make a lot of wake normally, but the Speedster Wake has two huge ballast tanks for a bigger wake. the 230 Wake has even bigger balast tanks too.

+1
    yea Def. not worth it i have a master craft . . i think 1989 (older yes) but i promise you in the 15 years we have owned it (my house) it has not had more than $200 in repairs (a couple of impellers) and just last summer we changed out the spark plugs, points and the condensor. . all labor we did our selves. . and 2 batteries . . . boat has over 1,000 hours . all fresh water . . .but always has a skier behind it . . (or 2) and 2 or 4 people on tubes!!!!

oo yea we had to redo the interior
    Last edited by 02gpR; 02-08-2008 at 06:28 PM.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 02gpR View Post
    yea Def. not worth it i have a master craft . . i think 1989 (older yes) but i promise you in the 15 years we have owned it (my house) it has not had more than $200 in repairs (a couple of impellers) and just last summer we changed out the spark plugs, points and the condensor. . all labor we did our selves. . and 2 batteries . . . boat has over 1,000 hours . all fresh water . . .but always has a skier behind it . . (or 2) and 2 or 4 people on tubes!!!!

oo yea we had to redo the interior
    I would love to find a dedicated ski boat (the term ski boat is bandied about so much it has lost all meaning) but I would like to payless then $15000 for one.

I agree with you guys, the boats made for wakeboarding are so much better for wakeboarders. My brother has an X-star and that is an amazing boat. But most ski boats only do 45 and you can't spin them, so both have their strengths and weakness.

+1
    dartham . . . we paid less than 15 for ours back when we got it . . it was a great deal trailer and cover!!!

Lake Rat . . what do you mean? ? ? my ski boat does 180s !!!! u get a little wet but it is fun u can throw it around just fine!!!! and 45 mph in a lake is quick enough!! it's all about the torque with 4 tubes behind me and it still jumps right up on plane!!!!!

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 02gpR View Post
    dartham . . . we paid less than 15 for ours back when we got it . . it was a great deal trailer and cover!!!

Lake Rat . . what do you mean? ? ? my ski boat does 180s !!!! u get a little wet but it is fun u can throw it around just fine!!!! and 45 mph in a lake is quick enough!! it's all about the torque with 4 tubes behind me and it still jumps right up on plane!!!!!
    Yeah I have problems in the late 90's my parents were freinds with people who owned 3 different ski boats, I'm spoiled I will only slalom behind one of those or an older Doo because of the wake.

Those are specialized boats very capable and manuverable and produce a specific type of wake, it isn't hard to make a boat crate a wake board wake.Heck my parents back in the day owned a 23' VIP (like small version of an offshore racer) that was the wakebaording boat in our group.

For wake boarding you want a ramp and a wake that rolls out to ge a good launch, any v-hull makes that the only trick Malibu, Nautique, etc are items that add downforce to the rear of the hull. Skiing requires a near noexistant wake and ski boats create a wake that rolls in, its like crack for waterskiers.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthAWM View Post
    For wake boarding you want a ramp and a wake that rolls out to ge a good launch, any v-hull makes that the only trick Malibu, Nautique, etc are items that add downforce to the rear of the hull. Skiing requires a near noexistant wake and ski boats create a wake that rolls in, its like crack for waterskiers.
    Malibu creates their displacement entirely different from Nautique, Mastercraft, Supra, and all the other Competition Ski Boats. They do NOT use bladders. They use the wedge. This is the only method that truly changes the displacement of the boat. It brings the entire hull from bow to stern down equally. The bladders only lower the stern.

Malibu's are much nicer IMO.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information