Ultra 130 drive shaft

Hello all,

I need help on this, I spun the splines on my impeller last summer because I reinstalled my pump wrong after having it rebuilt.

I can see that the splines in the impeller are damaged, but I am unsure how to tell if the drive shaft splines are damaged as well. Since the process of replacing the drive shaft is expensive and intense, I would really love to be able to tell if it needs to be replaced.

If anyone has any knowledge on this please help! Also, if anyone has an old impeller laying around that has good splines I would gladly pay shipping and a reasonable cost for it to use to get a feel for how the drive shaft splines fit.

South East Kansas
    I think you can pull the shaft without even taking the motor out. You can pull the Ultra 150 shaft just by taking off the exhaust and unbolting the motor mounts. Takes less then 30 mins. You should prob get someone to hold the motor up while you pull the shaft out. I know they are not the same ski but I think they are pretty close.

Yeah, I imagine it is the same process. But remember I am the one who couldn't even get the pump back on without messing up the splines so it may not be as easy as it sounds. I will give it a go if I can't get a sure answer on testing it in place.

It's also the $200+ for the shaft that makes me want to be sure it needs replacing...

Thread Information