Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

Anybody an Audi fan?

Just got our first one and I must say I'm impressed. Wife wanted an all wheel drive and hated ditching the Bimmer's every winter just drying to get out of the driveway.

Which one did you get, A4 Quattro?

+1
    S4 Sedan. Got the 2005.5 model with the drop down grille and quad exhaust. Very nice but the "silk" leather seats I can see might be a problem. They don't appear to be as forgiving as a heavy grained surface as far as hiding any scratches or mishaps.

I am very impressed at the handling! We had a 330i BMW fully loaded so it was hard sitting in the A4 when the seats weren't as bolstered/supportive as the car we were leaving. That and all the other appointments and handling of the BMW, the S4 just seemed to be a nice upgrade. It seems to be just like getting a M3 (similar power although completely different), but with BMW not having any all wheel drive currently in their new 3 series that's what lead us to the Audi.

Santa Monika, People's Republik of Kalifornia...
    +1
    My next BMW will be an Audi...

+1
    Guys, I have been thinking about getting a new everyday car. The SUV sucks too much gas for the gas prices we have now. Audi is at the top of the list. I haven't started my research yet. Are the lower number A-models the more sporty versions? What kind of gas mileage do they get?

Santa Monika, People's Republik of Kalifornia...
    +1
    An A4 is an awesome everyday car, don't laugh but it's even good at towing a ski, AWD helps a lot on a slippery launch.

Rear seats are meant for kids or midgets though.

20mpg trolling around town in heavy traffic for an A4 V6 sounds reasonible, I used to get something like 16 with the M3 so I guess the S4 V8 should be around that...

CONGRATS ON THE CAR!!!! however i tested one and had one for 24 hrs and i still like the acuras better ... you should have took a new TL for a spin

Franko

You really should consider the Acura TL VS the Audi. I agree with crazedrxp! Honda and Acura hold their value much better than most cars on the market. The TL in my opinon is a great value, the only real option your have to choose from is the Navi system which is a 2k upgrade. I think they get around 25 city and close to 30 on the highway!

If I had a the money in the world I would still buy a TL or a RL, not a BMW, Benz, or some high class luxury car!

+1
    I'll take a look at the Acura. I had an Integra for 7 trouble free years. Best damn car I ever had. Got me through the law school years when I didn't have a dime to spend on car repairs.

+1
    I'm the skirt wearer driving the Tahoe because this Audi is the wife's. She could have done fine with the A4 3.2 255 horsepower, but I always look for the unique for resale. Don't get the S4 if you're gas conscience. The tag says 15/21 and I'm thinking that's generous. Perhaps the Tiptronic gets better, but it's hard to keep your foot out of it with the manual.

She actually always commented about the TL and liking it, but she never brought it up when we were shopping as she was focused on the Quattro system. I like the TL and think it's a great car, but this is apples to oranges. FWD with a reactive stability system vs. a proactive all wheel drive system, not to mention that the nice 270 horse TL is still 70 ponies short to the S4, but the A4 would be more of the competition to the TL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information