Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

X models---Strainer?

Does any one know if the new X's have a strainer for the IC? Just looking at pictures of th IC it looks very much like Rivas and if the core is like Rivas it would need a strainer because of the small passageways.

Quote Originally Posted by Bama View Post
    Does any one know if the new X's have a strainer for the IC? Just looking at pictures of th IC it looks very much like Rivas and if the core is like Rivas it would need a strainer because of the small passageways.
    From what I was told, they left them off on purpose so people can continue ordering the groco here from the online store.

All kidding aside, yes it would be a good idea to install one to protect the intercooler.

+1
    I was just getting ready to order one for the "X" I don't have yet. It looks like a mess under the engine cowl with all the hoses and stuff. Has anyone put one of these on their X models yet? Want to get a heads up as to a good place to put it and also if more hosing is needed or different couplers.

Is the strainer available at the 10% discount? Doesn't hurt to ask.

+1
    The strainer simply installs in the hose that goes from the pump to the intercooler. Just cut the hose and put the strainer in line. I don't mount my strainers but some people do.

The 10% coupon code only works on the Riva and R&D products.

Thanks!

+1
    Ordered - thanks Jerry!

Quote Originally Posted by rx4pain View Post
    I was just getting ready to order one for the "X" I don't have yet. It looks like a mess under the engine cowl with all the hoses and stuff. Has anyone put one of these on their X models yet? Want to get a heads up as to a good place to put it and also if more hosing is needed or different couplers.

Is the strainer available at the 10% discount? Doesn't hurt to ask.
    rx4pain, have you installed your groco strainer on your new X yet? I was wondering if you had any pics and how it went as I am ordering one from Jerry today. Thanks.

+1
    I have my strainer, battery charged for the camera, I even have the RE block offs and ordered the Riva intake grate but no ski yet

I will definitely be snapping pics from every angle...it should be here the first or second week of March.

I have my strainer, battery charged for the camera, I even have the RE block offs and ordered the Riva intake grate but no ski yet

I will definitely be snapping pics from every angle...it should be here the first or second week of March.
    So ,are you waiting on the dealer to get your ski in? I gues in your part of the woods you cannot ride now anyways....right? I was wondering about the strainer cause I want to get it right when I do it.
    I have got to order the riva grate and blockoffs too....just need more $$$$$ . Thanks for info.

+1
    Yeah...still waiting on the shipment from Canadian - hey! They're shipping to the warmer parts first I heard like JACKSONVILLE! The dealer was told they were shipping from Canada the last week of February so I'm not going to be optimistic and just say the 2nd week of March.

Yeah...still waiting on the shipment from Canadian - hey! They're shipping to the warmer parts first I heard like JACKSONVILLE! The dealer was told they were shipping from Canada the last week of February so I'm not going to be optimistic and just say the 2nd week of March.
    rx4pain......sounds like you need to make the move to the sunshine state and I am looking for a roommate. LOL! Not to rub it in but I got my X 4 days after putting 500 deposit down and saved 2K on price by going to St. Augustine as dealer was way to high in Jacksonville. Proof that it pays to shop around. I know if you had your X you could not ride now anyways but at least it could sit in your garage and you could stroke it....the ski that is!!! What is the temp there now?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information