Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
  1. #1
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524

    Laser Jammers - Your thoughts?

    The Laser-Interceptor is supposed to be the best

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=5sIO9laWTbc

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=w8a3uk_gZrw

    This one gets good about 1 minute thru

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=eKl6O7siZg0


  2. #2
    captain obvious Lurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Visalia, Ca
    Posts
    2,316
    I've thought about them. LIDAR is being used more and more. Some day they will be illegal, but currently they fall under the jurisdiction of the FDA so get them while you can.

  3. #3
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by _Lurker_ View Post
    currently they fall under the jurisdiction of the FDA so get them while you can.
    I just ordered the Laser-Interceptor. Been seeing lots of troopers out with laser lately. No offense to the members here who are troopers

  4. #4
    Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    5,563
    +1
    169
    K-40 in vehicle #1

    Valentin-1 in vehicle #2

    bel pro express 936 that travels with me in rental cars.


    i mean yeah they work but if you blow by a cop and the cop catches you yuor pretty much toast

  5. #5
    Beagleman62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    2,726
    +1
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Region8Ultra250X View Post
    K-40 in vehicle #1

    Valentin-1 in vehicle #2

    bel pro express 936 that travels with me in rental cars.


    i mean yeah they work but if you blow by a cop and the cop catches you yuor pretty much toast
    When you are coming through Virginia on your way to Florida, you better have your detector unplugged and in the trunk. They are illegal and the Va troopers have radar detector detectors It's a whooper of a fine and they will take it from you. Even if you have it unplugged and sitting on your seat they will take it.

  6. #6
    The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Odessa, TX
    Posts
    5,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagleman62 View Post
    When you are coming through Virginia on your way to Florida, you better have your detector unplugged and in the trunk. They are illegal and the Va troopers have radar detector detectors It's a whooper of a fine and they will take it from you. Even if you have it unplugged and sitting on your seat they will take it.
    The sad thing is I bet the radar guns, radar detectors, and radar detector detectors are made by the same group of companies.

  7. #7
    Beagleman62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    2,726
    +1
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthAWM View Post
    The sad thing is I bet the radar guns, radar detectors, and radar detector detectors are made by the same group of companies.
    I hear ya.
    Kinda strange. Virginia is one of only several states where they are illegal.
    You can't even buy one here and If you try to buy direct from a manufacturer or mail order, they won't even ship them here.

  8. #8
    Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    5,563
    +1
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    I just ordered the Laser-Interceptor. Been seeing lots of troopers out with laser lately. No offense to the members here who are troopers
    you don't drive fast enough to need it girlie man

  9. #9
    Matthew K ReDevilRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lemont, IL
    Posts
    2,477
    My friend Has a valentine 1 that he let me borrow a couple times when traveling over the summer. It saved my ass a couple times.

  10. #10
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagleman62 View Post
    When you are coming through Virginia on your way to Florida, you better have your detector unplugged and in the trunk. They are illegal and the Va troopers have radar detector detectors It's a whooper of a fine and they will take it from you. Even if you have it unplugged and sitting on your seat they will take it.
    Yep! Check this out

    Quote Originally Posted by guysoflidar.com
    Are Radar Detectors Legal?

    In the US, Radar detectors are legal for passenger vehicles in 49 states. Radar detectors are illegal in Virginia and Washington DC. Federal Law prohibits the use of radar detectors in all commercial vehicles over 10000 pounds. Radar detector use is also illegal on military bases.

    In Canada, only Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan allow the use of radar detectors.
    And click here to see if Laser Jammers are illegal in your state
    http://www.guysoflidar.com/usa-laser-jammer-laws.html

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. RXDI .....your thoughts please ASAP
    By doublerkid in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-26-2008, 03:22 PM
  2. Your thoughts on my jetting
    By great lakes gpr 1200 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-18-2007, 10:08 PM
  3. Your Thoughts on IC pipe size?
    By Water4fire in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-30-2006, 09:36 AM
  4. Guys Need your thoughts????
    By Water4fire in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-24-2006, 08:11 AM
  5. OK guys I TESTED mods today and want your thoughts.
    By Water4fire in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-11-2006, 10:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •