Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: R-rated exhaust

R-rated exhaust

Does any one have it to offshore ? the moto keeps low temp or got high

What did you say?

Guys I read here that R-Rated exhaust has more advantage than no cutting required, what is the difference between Riva and R rated exhaust -performance wiseSecond question where to buy it

- R-rated is a straight exhaust no water box, very loud.
    - Riva eliminates the secondary water box but still uses the primary water box, not loud at all.

I don't have either exhaust system, but I would guess the R-rated one will give you more RPM's and the Riva one would basically just sound better than stock, no real gains. Either system don't expect to much gains from the system.

Quote Originally Posted by p0osei View Post
    Does any one have it to offshore ? the moto keeps low temp or got high
    The exhaust temps should be the same as stock. It still uses water to cool it. Offshore, inshore I don't think it matters what the temp the exhaust is.
    Last edited by jdracer; 04-10-2008 at 03:09 AM. Reason: miss spelling

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jdracer View Post
    - R-rated is a straight exhaust no water box, very loud.
    - Riva eliminates the secondary water box but still uses the primary water box, not loud at all.

I don't have either exhaust system, but I would guess the R-rated one will give you more RPM's and the Riva one would basically just sound better than stock, no real gains. Either system don't expect to much gains from the system.
    R-Rated has 2 types of exhaust. A straight pipe and also a "U" pipe that eliminates the 2nd water box. On the Riva exhaust, you have to cut the pipe that goes out the back of the hull. With the R-Rated "U" pipe, you don't have to cut this piece. Riva has a new exhaust outlet that eliminates having to cut the stock one. So far as performance, I don't have the Riva ( I run the much less expensive R-Rated) but I doubt there is any difference between the 2. On this ski, exhaust mods seem to help the bottom end and midrange. You won't see much gain if any on top end.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagleman62 View Post
    I don't have the Riva ( I run the much less expensive R-Rated) but I doubt there is any difference between the 2. On this ski, exhaust mods seem to help the bottom end and midrange. You won't see much gain if any on top end.
    I also have the R-rated u pipe and love it. I'm only moderately mechanically inclined and had no problem installing. Plus going back to stock is a snap.

where to buy R-Rated exhaust. a "U" pipe
    does online store has it?

+1
    My only question in regards to eliminating one water box and eliminating both is the need for sufficient back-pressure.

Obviously the ditching of a single water box is the way to go as Kawasaki itself implimented this single change for the '08 model (and relocated the exhaust outlet to the other side).

As many already know, exhaust systems (automotive, watercraft, etc.) serve a purpose much more than to muffle or redirect exhaust noise and fumes. Unless the engine has been engineered for optimal performance and short bursts of full-throttle, then straight, unrestricted exhaust is passible (i.e. drag cars that employ "zoomie" headers, fender-well headers, or straight exhaust).

So, that being said, I would be careful to the fellow performance enthusiast who is too eager to bolt on aftermarket goodies before knowing the full impact of their addition.

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustymuscle View Post
    My only question in regards to eliminating one water box and eliminating both is the need for sufficient back-pressure.

Obviously the ditching of a single water box is the way to go as Kawasaki itself implimented this single change for the '08 model (and relocated the exhaust outlet to the other side).

As many already know, exhaust systems (automotive, watercraft, etc.) serve a purpose much more than to muffle or redirect exhaust noise and fumes. Unless the engine has been engineered for optimal performance and short bursts of full-throttle, then straight, unrestricted exhaust is passible (i.e. drag cars that employ "zoomie" headers, fender-well headers, or straight exhaust).

So, that being said, I would be careful to the fellow performance enthusiast who is too eager to bolt on aftermarket goodies before knowing the full impact of their addition.
    +1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information