Thread: New numbers...

Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1

New numbers...

Took out the RXT today and ran it bit better than with the full tank run last time. Started off doing 66.9 with 3/4 tank. Ran it for a while to get the gas down and with 3 bars of fuel it ran 67.3 mph @ 7800rpms

I decided to take the fire extinguisher panel down like Ray from P.R. has it and it went up to 67.8 mph @ 7850 rpms

Temps were 84 deg. air 81 deg. water and about 75% humidity. This was still the 87 octane gas. I have to get in touch with PPG to take the prop in for re-pitch. Hopefully I'll be able to hit 69-70...?

+1
    send me your prop and i'll pitch it for you. i'll have you at a solid 8100 RPMs and you should see 1.5 mph gain with better acceleration.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk
    send me your prop and i'll pitch it for you. i'll have you at a solid 8100 RPMs and you should see 1.5 mph gain with better acceleration.
    Can you send me a pm with how much it's gonna cost, cuz I would have to send the pump since I still dont have the tools of the trade to take the prop out. THanks

+1
    Get that 87 out of there and run some nice 93. Also, have you checked your oil level to make sure its not over filled when warm?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett
    Get that 87 out of there and run some nice 93. Also, have you checked your oil level to make sure its not over filled when warm?
    Actually I did check it today since its the first time I take it out after the 100 hour service. It seemed fine. Just a bit over the line on the dip stick.

93 octane is going back in next time.

+1
    Over the top line or bottom? On my ski, I've found I get better numbers when the oil level is at the halfway point of the indentation or less.

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    We should be running our oil level here (imo)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dsc00175_155.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	470.7 KB 
ID:	3685  

Re: New numbers...

Quote Originally Posted by GeoRXT

I decided to take the fire extinguisher panel down like Ray from P.R. has it and it went up to 67.8 mph @ 7850 rpms

Temps were 84 deg. air 81 deg. water and about 75% humidity. This was still the 87 octane gas. I have to get in touch with PPG to take the prop in for re-pitch. Hopefully I'll be able to hit 69-70...?
    Hi bro, well i am glad that my OLD speed trix is working great for you, we just found another one that work even better, try to find a spot with smooth water to avoid water injestion and remove your glove box from the ski

p.s. just looking @ your ski peak rpm's (7850) with your mods and your 14/17R prop i am 100% sure that the people from PPG didn't do NOTHING to this prop and sold it to you the way she come from the manufacturer (out of the box) also i am still in shock when you told me that they tried to charge you $85.00 bucks just to install the new solas prop even that the pump was already out from the ski, i do this job for my buddies for FREE and it takes me less than 10 minutes to do it when the pump is already out from the boat, talk about a RIPP OFF!!!!

+1
    I already took the glove box off too Ray. I had done it a while ago and never saw an increase. But, combined with the fire extinguisher panel it gave me .5 mph increase.

Can you post a picture of your panel out again? I want to see how to put in the rectifier and how did you put the extinguisher back, and where?

Thanks Ray

So you ride without the fire ext. panel ?
    Man I bet I loose all sorts of mph with all the stuff I ride with in the front.

2 floats (usually water soaked). Water bag prob about 5 pounds. Towel/Food bag. Rubber bumper prob 1-2pound. Waterski mounts prob a pound. Camel pack70oz (4pounds).

Thread Information