+1

Thumbs up Using my new Tiny Tach ???

I just purchased a TTach from Zforce and am trying it out tomorrow. I have never tested my ski with a tach and cannot wait to see what rpm's I will get. What procedures should I go through this weekend with the tach. I know I need correct idle, I will get to check my peak rpm's at WOT. I also heard that if I start to lose rpm at WOT than I need to adjust my T-handles (highs) because I need a little more gas. I guess the gas cools the engine a little more. I should see a few more rpm's??
    I know you guys on this forum are good so can someone give me some advice on what type of rpm's I should be seeing at WOT with the MODS I have listed??? Going out tomorrow!!!!!

P.S. I chose to flush mount and wanted to thank one of the members for their advice, it was very helpful and looks pretty good....
    Last edited by Ramps; 02-09-2008 at 02:39 PM.

Well I am not sure which Tiny Tach you purchased but if it is the commercial one install it like this.

Take the red wire and rap it around each spark plug wire 2-3 times. I did this close to the ecu around the black parts of the wire. Then set it for 120. Should work perfectly.

RETIRED !! In Mobile AL or Wherever I Want To Go
    +1
    I know I need correct idle, I will get to check my peak rpm's at WOT. I also heard that if I start to lose rpm at WOT than I need to adjust my T-handles (highs) because I need a little more gas.

If you lose more than 50rpms in a few seconds at WOT, say 5 seconds, the lean gremlin is going to get you. At WOT, the rpms should level off and fluctuate up and down a little. That should be perfect jetting.
    Then come back to the forum and let everyone help in getting you some more rpms. Good luck....

+1

Thumbs up

I got 7120RPM's, I thought I would get a little more and the rpm's only fluctuated a little bit which is good. What happened to being able to hit 7300 RPM's like I thought I would????
    Also, when I give it gas after idling for about 30 seconds it wants to bog down until it clears out, what do you think? Pop off or turn in the lows a little bit??
    Last edited by Ramps; 02-09-2008 at 02:40 PM.

Thread Information