Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 72
  1. #1
    fussy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    550
    +1
    8

    Get a GPS on a SHO please

    Come on guys, the 250 Kawasaki boys had a gps on the things as soon as they got them wet. We that have to wait for the new SHOs to get here are hanging out to know some numbers.


  2. #2
    fx160's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    gold coast australia
    Posts
    2,409
    +1
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by fussy1 View Post
    Come on guys, the 250 Kawasaki boys had a gps on the things as soon as they got them wet. We that have to wait for the new SHOs to get here are hanging out to know some numbers.
    gossie won't be riding his again till next weekend at earliest
    and he is the only one i know that has one so far i will be be giving him my gps to use as soon as he is back on the water

    he may or may not have told me that he saw 75mph on the speedo, not that they are to be relied on

    kev

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Gold Coast Australia
    Posts
    269
    Quote Originally Posted by fx160 View Post
    gossie won't be riding his again till next weekend at earliest
    and he is the only one i know that has one so far i will be be giving him my gps to use as soon as he is back on the water

    he may or may not have told me that he saw 75mph on the speedo, not that they are to be relied on

    kev
    Correct Kev. At just on 2.5 hours I gave it a couple of hits and did see mid 70s on the big clock looking at me. We all know they are wildly optimistic though. It feels fast with lots of power, and for sure we will do a GPS and some acceleration runs against other ski's as well in the next week or two.

    A few high revs when past 2 hours was to bed in rings. Don't want the bores glazed---do I?

  4. #4
    Scarface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Roseville, MN
    Posts
    58
    i think it was watercraft world had it at 66.7 avg top speed.

  5. #5
    Never say never KirkF350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Midlothian, Texas
    Posts
    4,433
    +1
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
    i think it was watercraft world had it at 66.7 avg top speed.
    That is cool and all, but the real deal will be a production model. That will tell the tale.

  6. #6
    Moderator RX951's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    League City, Texas
    Posts
    16,066
    +1
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by KirkF350 View Post
    That is cool and all, but the real deal will be a production model. That will tell the tale.
    yup. I'm curious too. this may be the deciding factor if I finish my conversion.

  7. #7
    RUNWME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Little River, SC
    Posts
    1,243
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    yup. I'm curious too. this may be the deciding factor if I finish my conversion.
    You mean if you finish your conversion with a 1500 or a 1800 sc

    I check these sho threads dailey and waiting on same information... I was really impressed with what the rxpx guys were getting out of theres... I hope the sho competes favorably

  8. #8
    SHO What????? jpack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    720
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by RUNWME View Post
    You mean if you finish your conversion with a 1500 or a 1800 sc

    I check these sho threads dailey and waiting on same information... I was really impressed with what the rxpx guys were getting out of theres... I hope the sho competes favorably
    It does not have to stock,... you have $1300 to put into aftermarket parts before you are on a level playing field. And at that point the Yamaha has cruise assist, wake zone mode, and adjustable handle bars that dont need a wrench to work & motor that runs on regular fuel. All that said, that RXT-X is pretty awesome...


    Jim

  9. #9
    Break-in miles will be a way to see what kind of fuel range will be seen during easy/normal riding conditions. Then you know that the harder you push, the less mileage you will see.

  10. #10
    fussy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    550
    +1
    8
    Man we need to get a gps on one of these boats, I just don't trust after market companys speed results. To easy to bring the stock speed down a little to make the kits look better, ie riva results have changed on the web site from 64 to 65 in one week, 67 with kit.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. help us get back on our harbour- please vote YES!!
    By izz0 in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-26-2010, 11:54 AM
  2. getting ripped off on ebay please read
    By divin10 in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-08-2009, 01:53 PM
  3. GP1200R Stage 2 Only getting 63.7 on GPS
    By Waveraider760 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 07:41 PM
  4. so im new, tell me the basic mods on the rxp please
    By flyn ryan in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-19-2006, 07:21 PM
  5. SCAMS are getting more realistic on price...
    By Water4fire in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-07-2006, 07:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •