Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RXP upgrade help

Hi Everyone!

First I'd like to thank Jerry for the great site. The information hear is priceless
    Here is what I plan on doing and would like a few opinions. I bought a 07 RXP at the end of last season and put one hour on it before it got cold. I plan on taking the supercharge out sending it to jerry to replace the washers and the wheel to the green wheel. Also, I want to get a stage 1 kit. Not sure if i'll put in the wedge. The question I have is with this set up what prop should I use? Hole shot is the most important to me and then top speed.

From what I remember of the hour that i put on the ski the RPM's were hitting 8160 occassionally but were 8100 the whole time. The speedo said 70 but this is not right but just wanted to add this just incase it might be useful. I plan on getting a gps later on so some info on that would be great. Thanks

congrats on your purchase and welcome. your in good hands. some of the guys will lead you in the rite direction..

+1
    I would think that with that set up you would want a 14/19R pitched to 8,100 rpm,s. some here might say differentely. My personel opinion is that a 15/20R will be too much prop for that setup. in regards to 3 blade props I am not sure if your setup can pull a three blade. someone esle will chime in soon enough to give more info.
    if you have not tried yet, try searching prop selection and you should find tons of enfo about this.

goodluck

skoepp - does the stage one (14/19) come with a 4 blade or three blade prop? If I need to repitch the 14/19 then how much? and who can do that for me?

Thanks for the help and welcome

+1
    When I was running the Stg. 1 with a Rotax Racing SC impeller ( basic same performance as the Green Wheel), I ran the 14/19 straight out of the box. Most people with the setup will usually run 74-75 MPH. I would try the 14/19 first before you adjust it. The 14/19 is a Solas 4 blade that comes with the kit.
    Last edited by DaveC; 02-09-2008 at 07:06 PM. Reason: solas

+1
    +1 baseline the setup first then you will know what you will need to do with a prop.

if you can find a 15/20 for cheap....try it

I run a 15/20 with a similar setup and pull it like I shouldn't be able to.......
    my setup.......
    05 RXP 160 hrs, 120 hours after rebuild from ceramic disaster
    Piranha Engine Mount, plastic wear ring (FRESH)
    Riva intake (no filter, just the pipe)
    RR High Boost SC Impeller 9.2 psi(not the one with the spacer), metal washers
    Stock Intercooler (brand new 07 and clean)
    HKS Supersequential Blow off valve
    Denso IXU27 sparkplugs
    Jpipe cut and flared
    Greenhulk shorty waterbox
    Riva 2 degree WEDGE
    All free mods (ride plate holes, grate holes filled BUTTER SMOOTH, trued grate, trimmed reverse bucket)
    Solas 15/20 4 blade (not R version)
    Stock 83mm nozzle
    4 inch attwood blower sucking hot air OUT

I weigh 138 pounds, 4 bars fuel air temp was 75, water temp 78 ran 74.7mph consistant @8100-8150 RPMs SUPERMAN peak was 75.1mph but couldn't duplicate the speed

I thought the 15/20 might have been out of whack so I threw a 15/20R in to test and pulled 8150 all day...........similar speeds and conditions

I still have 2 years of warranty left so I will not be modding this one anymore.......I am happy

Thanks guys for the input.

I guess I'll try the 14/19 that comes with the stage 1 kit and work from there. I was hoping someone would have had the same set-up and I would have just done the same. Just removed the SC and will be ordering the parts right now and sending the SC to Jerry tomorrow.
    Once again thanks for the help
    I included a pic of the SC out and a pic of inside the engine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010784.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	2.37 MB 
ID:	57203   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010780.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	2.08 MB 
ID:	57204  

Quote Originally Posted by gpr1200 View Post

I guess I'll try the 14/19 that comes with the stage 1 kit and work from there. I was hoping someone would have had the same set-up and I would have just done the same. Just removed the SC and will be ordering the parts right now and sending the SC to Jerry tomorrow.
    Ive read a couple runnign your set up, I would suggest using the 15/20R Expeccialy if you plan on up grading to a External I/C Later. getting the 14/19R would be a waste, i had to add 1.5 to it just to run the Gen 1 Riva wheel. I woudl get the 15/20R and depitch it as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by gpr1200 View Post

My setup is pretty much the same.......all that other minute detail bullcrap I listed doesn't add up to much more power.......it just makes me think it's more powerful..........the 14/19 will do nothing but hender your speed.....I know because I ran one even with a 81mm nozzle @8150 RPMs and couldn't get above 72.6 mph even with 1.5mm added I was all over the rev limiter

my setup was copy and pasted from a file I saved so I wouldn't forget..... basically it's a stage 1 + Greenwheel(rr) and shorty waterbox
    Last edited by cosmic; 02-11-2008 at 02:55 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information