Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

? about Power Filter install on RXP

Does this whole section get removed? The instructions say it gets replaced. There are a lot of wires chicken straped to it, and its also straped to the gas tank. The pictures in the RIVA instructions are kind of confusing. Do I completly remove this section

Thanks

yes, completly removed.

Another quick question. Do you guys have any tips for installing the 'A' bracket that mounts to the front of the engine and the power filter? I know you need the Torx sockets, but the area where the mount is seems to be a bitch to get at with all the hoses, or am I not looking at the correct spot to mount the bracket Any helpful tips?

+1
    You are probably in the right spot, It was a bitch to get to for sure. thats the hardest part of the install.

, but the area where the mount is seems to be a bitch to get at with all the hoses, or am I not looking at the correct spot to mount the bracket Question Any helpful tips?
    Best tip is to take your time.

Mount the bracket to the engine first, then put the pipe and sleeve on the SC (don't tighting the hose clamps yet) then mount the pipe to the bracket use a small drift pin or nail to align the pipe with one of the holes, while you install one screw loose, remove pin and install second screw, then tighten both, then tighten the hose clamps. Use blue locktite on all screws.

+1
    Do you really need to mount it to the engine?

I noticed after removing the air box from the gas tank that the straps are just too loose so i got out the sawsall and cut enough of the box to keep the straps on tight.

I have to say after looking inside that air box, the things it uses to extract water from the are were pretty interesting. I felt bad cutting to pieces.

I would attach the bracket to help keep the pipe from moving around. At first I didn't think that it was that important, but then I thought about it and realized if the pipe vibrated loose from the sleave the SC would be pulling air which bypassed the filter. It could suck in anything from the engine compartment, including water . If the leak were severe enough it could cause an lean condition. I have heard the Riva level 2 kits run near the capacity of the stock ECU and injectors. It wasn't all that tough to use the bracket as it was designed, and now I know it will not move. I also carefully secured the extention tube I added to the Riva pipe.

Another question about installing the 'A' bracket to the front of the engine:

Can I temporarily remove the black hose with the thick green stripe on it from the intercooler to make the star head bolts more accessible with a wrench Is there any liquid that flows through this hose

Someone please...Im trying to get this done today...its the stock intercooler.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information