Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: STX-RXP??

STX-RXP??

Hey guys.

I was at the AC Boat show today and Lacey Power Sports from Lanoka Harbor, NJ had a nice conversion ski.

They had a STX-R hull with the RXP topside with the Rotax engine with the Turbo. Claims it puts out 500HP. Also claims that it ran 85MPH with the stock 215 engine. Says they are looking to get 110+ out of it this summer.

Nice looking ski. They are also going to make some for production. 2 different models one boasting 265HP and the other around 350HP I think.

Make me look at the two skis on my trailer a little bit differently now.

hmmm????? sounds like nothing more than a zapata hull. From my understanding, the zapata hull is a stx hull. 110mph????? That sounds like a stretch! 90mph to 110mph takes a whole lot in my opinion.

Technically, the Spitfire is a stock RXP motor with bolt-ons and goes 88+mph in a GPR hull.

+1
    Just curious... did they quote any prices for this? How is the safety of stx hull at high speeds? any grate issues?
    David

He did know about the incident with the grate dropping on JD's ski. He said that the Saki hull is built for higher speed than the GPR and the intake grate set up is different and that it wont happen to this ski.

NO prices for the retail models, but he did say they wouldn't offer the 500HP model to the public.

Just needs a Motor.... bogey0911's Avatar
    i saw it at the show. he was telling me and my older brother (beachbum) they have hit 107 already.me and brother both looked at eachother and were shocked. we both asked if it was the stock hull. he looked shocked, we dont think he wanted any of his ideas getting out and i dont blame him. When we askded him if he would take the seat of and he did for a second. it was not even long enough for me to take my phone out of my pocket. But i did get a pic of the ski on my phone. If anyone knows how to get pics off a krazer pm me for the pic. but it was pretty much all green i did not much care for the colors but i am one to say speed before looks. and if it really is a 100 mph ski you would just see a sweet sounding streak of green flying by. I must say i am only thirteen but have been riding motorcross since i was 4 and jetsking since i was ten. I go out and jump waves with my brother. And i have had my fair share of close calls with unexpierierenced drivers and i think its kind of scary that jetskies are going 100.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    heres the run down on that boat

front mounted turbo, tubular manfiold/header

customer intake manfiold

autronics EMS

rxp top deck

kawi 250x bottom deck

i saw enough of the motor to see that it should run upwards of 100+

i asked if it was turbo and he looked shocked. he knew about the jd1 incident as well. boot

ROTAX RACING performance
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by codymouse54321 View Post
    hmmm????? sounds like nothing more than a zapata hull. From my understanding, the zapata hull is a stx hull. 110mph????? That sounds like a stretch! 90mph to 110mph takes a whole lot in my opinion.

Technically, the Spitfire is a stock RXP motor with bolt-ons and goes 88+mph in a GPR hull.

the Zapata Hull is not a STX Hull !!!,

just wondering...was this boat by any chance blue&yellow?

+1
    If it's EITHER of those hulls, it is a very, very wetted hull. This in itself would mean that this ski, if done properly (either hull) is one mean momma on the race course, but will probably top out wel shy of 100mph.

The dude definitely told me that it was an STX-R hull. I am not too familiar with the Kawi's yet. Is that they same bottom deck as 250X.

The hull was all trued as well... I did see the tubular intake in there.

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information