Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Saltwater

Saltwater

Thought you guys may get a kick out of this.....

+1
    LOL That crank has got to be looking lovely about now.

couldn't tell ya, piston pins are rusted in, i will have to cut the rods to split the case open....

saltwater the magic oxidizer... just thought i would poke some fun at it!!!

yuck , me only likey a tiny bit of salt on my steak and french fries , i feel for you brotha

welcome to the forum

I'm feeling naturally aspirated today pirate33's Avatar
    +1
    Whatever!! since I had only my 1st breakdown in 6yrs of salt water riding-and would have happen if I only rode fresh I don't buy your post-if you don't take care of your stuff or ride it regularly through the yrs no matter what you ride in, salt or fresh ( and I see blue paint which means the classic Polairs stuff) its going to happen -mechanical stuff gets old thats life-if you don't ride regularly and winterize-or when it breaks down and you don't get to it right away it looks like your picture, or it justs wears out that whats happens. I know I'm just venting after yrs of reading of non-salt riders BS posts about Ocean riding when they don't ride in the ocean and I'm tried of it-so sorry but thats my 2 cents.
    But I still Love all my Polaris Bros-just want to set things straight
    Last edited by pirate33; 02-10-2008 at 02:32 AM.

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    my loud _ss has to jump in on this 1
    i live in a salty area ,and i have to say
    I HAVE NEVER flushed my skis or outboards evan the pro
    i have also left my sl750 in the canel for a YEAR
    if i didint go out for a few days i would just put the nose against the sea wall and nail the gas,wind it up 1 time,done hop off ready for next week
    and like pirate33 ,,i have never had a problem caused by salt water evan after the ski was sunk (tied down to dock during storm surge/hurricane)
    and in my many years of working on outboards i cant say i have seen a "salt" caused problem ,only bolt removel problems due to salt
    ok that my pennys worth
    mattman

Quote Originally Posted by pirate33 View Post
    Whatever!! since I had only my 1st breakdown in 6yrs of salt water riding-and would have happen if I only rode fresh I don't buy your post-if you don't take care of your stuff or ride it regularly through the yrs no matter what you ride in, salt or fresh ( and I see blue paint which means the classic Polairs stuff) its going to happen -mechanical stuff gets old thats life-if you don't ride regularly and winterize-or when it breaks down and you don't get to it right away it looks like your picture, or it justs wears out that whats happens. I know I'm just venting after yrs of reading of non-salt riders BS posts about Ocean riding when they don't ride in the ocean and I'm tried of it-so sorry but thats my 2 cents.
    But I still Love all my Polaris Bros-just want to set things straight
    I didn't do this to this engine, the guy i bought the ski from did it, here is a thread i posted awhile back before i bought it,
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44667
    and then i posted pics when i got into the motor, it sat for 5 months over the summer w/ saltwater in the case, i would have bought it earlier to save it but it was a repo.

and btw, i plan to take very good care of the new motor i bought for it the picture was merely to make fun of that destroyed piston and crank, not blame my problems all on saltwater.....
    Last edited by swimmerjaxon; 02-10-2008 at 02:18 PM.

how much is the new motor? and where to buy?

Quote Originally Posted by andy95'slx780 View Post
    Damn brother I just sold a nice rebuilt engine!!!! I might be able to find you one. Though shipping might be expensive(over 75lbs)

Shane

Quote Originally Posted by andy95'slx780 View Post
    i got one from a member here on the forum, post a Want To Buy ad and there are a few people who may have some. There is a guy here John Zigler that has lots of parts, i was going to buy an engine from him but i found another.

There are re-manufacturer places like SBT, but not many forum members use or respect them. They are also real pricey, like 1300 for a motor w/ 2 year warranty. and that doesn't include shipping

Look on eBay too, i almost bought an engine off there, forum members post eBay finds in the "eBay Bin" its a sticky in the general discussion if i remember right.

good luck w/ whatever you decide to do. Just out of curiosity does your motor look like the one in the picture up there? I only ask because it think i may have the most saltwater demolished engine on this forum!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information