Thread: Maiden Voyage

Maiden Voyage

Well it was a beautiful sunny 80% day in San Antonio, TX yesterday so I took my new 2007 Speedster 150 (155hp) out on its maiden voyage on Medina Lake. At first when I launched it seemed very squirrely at low speed compared to my old skis and boats Iíve driven but after I got use to the fill of it was fine. Iím in my 10 hour break-in so I only WOT a couple of times but here the GPS stats.

- Full tank of gas and about 450 pounds in passengers = 42mph
    - Just my fat a** (220 Pounds) and almost a full tank of gas = 47.5mph

When I was riding by myself I really tried to throw the boat around with tight turns, high speed turns, etc. and it was amazing how well it handled. Final decision on the boat, I Love it!!!

A few things I noted that I will change for this summer.

1. The stock stereo sound sucks. I will change the speakers to Alpines and see how much that helps before I change the Head Unit. Also you must have a remote. Itís a pain in the A** have to reach over to the radio to adjust the sound every time you speedup or slow down. I will start with the I-Rock Remote as it has a lot of versatility with the ability to move it around.
    http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Clarion_iRock_Key_Fob_Remote&cna me=Marine-Stereo-Accessories&r=view&i=75906

2. Get a Bimini Top. I want one for when we a just cruising or floating.

3. Just a little more speed and thrust (A guy thing I guess). I may upgrade to a Solas Concord SR-CD 11/19 impeller and some type of modified RIVA GTX-SC Power Air Filter Kit. Has anyone done this on a 155hp engine?

Well thatís about it for now. Iím thankful that the boating season starts early here in southern Texas and sorry for you Yankees!

Congrats and welcome to the boating club..........I'm just counting down the days until I get to throw my boat in the water. Winter sucks .

SPD5535, I see that youíre running SR-CD 11/19 impellers on your boat so does that mean you have twin 155hp engines? If so did you see any improvement in speed and/or thrust when you added them? Did you do any other performance mods? Thnaks!

Yes, I run twin 155's. I didn't notice much of a difference at top speed but I did notice an improvement in hole-shot and mid-range. I would definately do it again. I have not done anything else but I'm debating about running fresh air intakes.......

+1
    Alloy89--Come up to lake Dunlap sometime. Several forum members here.

I wanted to take mine out yesterday but had some things come up. I can't wait till the weather is like this all the time.

Thread Information