Thread: Maiden Voyage
02-10-2008, 09:47 AM #1
Well it was a beautiful sunny 80% day in San Antonio, TX yesterday so I took my new 2007 Speedster 150 (155hp) out on its maiden voyage on Medina Lake. At first when I launched it seemed very squirrely at low speed compared to my old skis and boats Iíve driven but after I got use to the fill of it was fine. Iím in my 10 hour break-in so I only WOT a couple of times but here the GPS stats.
- Full tank of gas and about 450 pounds in passengers = 42mph
- Just my fat a** (220 Pounds) and almost a full tank of gas = 47.5mph
When I was riding by myself I really tried to throw the boat around with tight turns, high speed turns, etc. and it was amazing how well it handled. Final decision on the boat, I Love it!!!
A few things I noted that I will change for this summer.
1. The stock stereo sound sucks. I will change the speakers to Alpines and see how much that helps before I change the Head Unit. Also you must have a remote. Itís a pain in the A** have to reach over to the radio to adjust the sound every time you speedup or slow down. I will start with the I-Rock Remote as it has a lot of versatility with the ability to move it around.
2. Get a Bimini Top. I want one for when we a just cruising or floating.
3. Just a little more speed and thrust (A guy thing I guess). I may upgrade to a Solas Concord SR-CD 11/19 impeller and some type of modified RIVA GTX-SC Power Air Filter Kit. Has anyone done this on a 155hp engine?
Well thatís about it for now. Iím thankful that the boating season starts early here in southern Texas and sorry for you Yankees!
02-10-2008, 10:54 AM #2
Congrats and welcome to the boating club..........I'm just counting down the days until I get to throw my boat in the water. Winter sucks .
02-10-2008, 11:32 AM #3
SPD5535, I see that youíre running SR-CD 11/19 impellers on your boat so does that mean you have twin 155hp engines? If so did you see any improvement in speed and/or thrust when you added them? Did you do any other performance mods? Thnaks!
02-10-2008, 11:39 AM #4
Yes, I run twin 155's. I didn't notice much of a difference at top speed but I did notice an improvement in hole-shot and mid-range. I would definately do it again. I have not done anything else but I'm debating about running fresh air intakes.......
02-10-2008, 03:15 PM #5
- Join Date
- Jul 2005
- Lake Dunlap, Texas
Alloy89--Come up to lake Dunlap sometime. Several forum members here.
02-11-2008, 11:00 AM #6
- Join Date
- Aug 2007
- South Texas
I wanted to take mine out yesterday but had some things come up. I can't wait till the weather is like this all the time.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By beerdart in forum Polaris PWC PerformanceReplies: 29Last Post: 07-05-2007, 11:05 PM
By 97GPSLEEPER in forum Yamaha Old School SkisReplies: 16Last Post: 06-03-2007, 02:13 PM
By MrSxy4Ever in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)Replies: 13Last Post: 04-23-2007, 01:13 PM
By 785xp in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)Replies: 0Last Post: 04-21-2007, 03:56 PM
By Green Hulk in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 48Last Post: 05-16-2006, 08:59 AM