Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Problem w/Supecharger pulley and belt tnsnr wheel, PICS

Hello,
    New to the forum, so I'll introduce myself.... Rich, blue Ultra 250 w/90hrs in Naples, Fl.bought it in May '07 and kept it stock for warranty purpose.

Attached are the pics of my Supercharger Pulley Wheel and Supercharger Belt Tensioner Wheel. I have had three oil changes / maintaince and recall just done last week with the third oil change, but after I get her back from the recall, I take her out and only get bout 30 mins before powers off and when i turn it back on, she doesn't go over 2000 rpm, I drop it off at the dealer, thinking the left something off or anything like that.....they call me saying I failed to maintain and flush the motor of the ski, eventhough it is sparkly clean and nicely lube up with XPS lubricant at the time of service, the 10 bucks a can, anyhow, they asked me for $1200 repair and kawasaki washed their clean off it, tell me they have not have any problems with any other, eventhough they fixed the seal issue on '08 model, along with all the other times it was in the srv. dept. for throttle cable stuck on high rpm, water line came off and powered off the unit in the moddle of the water, the steering column broke a bolt and wabbled on steering, front storage wouln't close.....they charged for some stuff and others not, maybe because it all happened since the first time i took it out to bout three four month after, the cold came roun and i havent taken out till last week.

Let me know, if you have had any problems with your ski feeling slower and less psi on your boost gauge, be careful!! This is what happened to me, I kept complaing to them the ski is slower then before and they blew me off saying it doesnt really do the 70 marketed!!
    Plus, we have all seen how much water gets in the hull due to the faulty seal on the front seat, also attached a pic it, also the fact that, the piece in question is also cover by a belt that you are not to get wet and a plastic cover that blocks the pulley from fresh water while flushing....

here are the pics

Dont know why they said $1200. Did they give you a list of defective parts or work required to fix the issue.

Belt = $49 dollars
    Install Belt is less then an Hour"$90" from what Kawasaki says in their K-Tech 20-1 page 15 & 16 http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39869

So now are are up to $139
    Lets say they need to replace the pulley and dampener Part#49079-3702= 339.79 and less then an hour when the belt is already off.

So Id say under $600.00 still fight this as its not correct as the shield that was installed at the factory made impossible to maintenance this part.

You flushing the motor has no effect on the pulley rusting in this case. What it seems is that it was stored with water in the hull. Drain plugs left in. If water was ingested into the SC then its Kawi Fault as they just issued a recall in which a shield was installed but the damage may have already been done to the SC.

If its only a pulley and belt then your case is still with Kawi. They used a steel pulley and dampener. So if the motor looks good and no other rust then it Kawi fault as they put a cover over the SC pulley and the consumer cant see it or clean it. Nor does Kawi post any flushing or inspection of the SC Pulley. This is why I have told people from the first write up to remove the SC belt shield. That way constant inspection and required maintenance can be done if ever needed.

Fight this hard as this is not from Lack of Maintenance. Ask them how you are to flush the SC since the issue is not the motor. The issue is the SC pulley that is hidden from washing. Also did you get the water shield for a recall. Without it you could have ingested water.

hhmm

dotn know if they did the "water shield; recall, to my knowledge, there only the TB plate which they had already replaced, but i still took it in to them to make them do it over, thats when it broke the next time I took it out. I will check the paperwork, like you said even so done, the damaged was already there, as the unit was purchased in may '07.

Have any pics of what it is supposed to look like before and after the recall?

I am calling kawa back today, has anyoone ever heard of this problem before???
    Thnx

+1
    WOW thats 6 months of damage to the pulley??
    thats nuts.. Im gonna go check mine..i never took off my shield but i dont run salt water that often either.

Cheers for the headsup....just checked mine still looks like new thankgod.....that sure is some corosion...never seen anything that bad on any ski b4...let alone a less than one year oldun...

+1
    Yea i just checked mine and ive never removed my cover..mine looks great..

That pulley is crazy corroded.. do you leave it in the salt water 24/7?

That's the worst part about it, it only goes out once a week and I wash the outside and engine with soap and water, and XPS lube, once dried inside and ICE wax on the outside, along with leather protectant to the seat and the $250 cover I bought from the dealer...NO, i did not mistreat and did not fail to maintain it, along with oil changes as suggested. Come on, look at the rest of the engine, how can it be only that part to go bad ???

I didn't get a chance to call today, they closed up on me at 4:30pt. Any good contacts of there, anyone?
    Thanks,

Rich

are you covering the ski right after you wash it? If so could be holding some moisture?

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    From the look of the pulley, looks like there hasnt been a belt on there in a while, if the belt was running on that pulley it would be a little cleaner where the belt rides.......

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250 Tn View Post
    From the look of the pulley, looks like there hasnt been a belt on there in a while, if the belt was running on that pulley it would be a little cleaner where the belt rides.......
    +1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information