Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

10 hour service:' maintenance light'

It's nice to see I'm not the only one crazy about the RXP, so hello to all. Anyway, I just purchased two RXP's last week and they are ready for their 10 hour service. I called the dealership and they want $260 a piece for the service. I asked him if he had some ANAL EASE or should i bring my own! Not gonna happen, so i'm wondering after i change the oil myself, are there any tricks to getting the maintenance message reset or am i stuck with it coming on every time i start the ski's. any advice would be appreciated.

+1
    First off, welcome to the board.

Second, part of the reason of this forum is to help you learn how to do things yourself so your dealer doesnt fuck you!

Do your own oil change. It is EASY!

Unfortunately, having the maintenance light cleared can only be done at the dealer on the BUDS computer. Just learn to live with it and if you ever have to bring it in for a warranty problem let them clear it then.

+1
    my 10 hour light never came on, if it did it went away.

I did my own 10 hour too.

well thanks for the advice, my red rxp is the only one with the "maintenance" message, i just assumed it would pop up on my green one any day now.

Does anyone know where i can get some new handlebars? the stock ones suck bad!

Mine was a little odd, the MAINT message poped up near 10 hrs and all I did was hold the SET button for a few seconds.
    MAINT never came up again.
    Now from what I have heard, this is not the way it is supposed to be, but it worked in my case.
    Try it, can't hurt.

Hey, I got my red RXP friday and he said I had to bring it back in at 20hours to get maintance and change the oil. He said it would be about $115. Sounds like your getting ripped off, I would do it myself also if it didnt void the warranty. My theory is if its gonna fuck up its gonna happen within the first few hours so the warranty is good to have. If only I had gotten it before the end of march I could of gotten a extra year for free

+1
    Changing your own oil wont void your warranty. It's a good idea to keep the receipts for the oil and filter purchased.

My "MAINT" message never came on at 10 hours, but it did at 50 hours. I changed my oil at 10 hours and just did it again at 50. I'm currently at 50.5 and the message is still there, but only right when I start the ski for about 5 seconds and then it goes away till the next re-start.

Will it eventually go away or does it have to be cleared????

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by miketrin
    my 10 hour light never came on, if it did it went away.

I did my own 10 hour too.
    My 10 hor never cam on either. Maintenace did not show till 75 hour mark and yes i had all require maintenace done at dealer so i am dealing with light till 100 hour mark

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mgo7483
    My "MAINT" message never came on at 10 hours, but it did at 50 hours. I changed my oil at 10 hours and just did it again at 50. I'm currently at 50.5 and the message is still there, but only right when I start the ski for about 5 seconds and then it goes away till the next re-start.

Will it eventually go away or does it have to be cleared????
    It will not go away it will need ot be cleared my flashes 5 times on start up then goes away

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information