Where to go for Spring Break?

I guess I should start by introducing myself since I'm new. I live in Albuquerque, NM and ride a Honda R12X.

I'm trying to figure out where I want to go for Spring Break this year. I want to stay away from all the college hot spots since I'll be taking the g/f, lol. I just want to go someplace warm enough that I don't have to wear a wet suit. Spring break for me is March 15th-23rd and I would like to stick to lakes in the SW like CA, AZ, NV, and TX. So far I'm thinking Lake Mead since Vegas is close enough to go out for a night on the town.

Anyone have any other idea's?

P.S. here are some pics of the R12

Last edited by TimGT; 02-11-2008 at 01:24 AM.

Tim...Where did you get the skull flames at???

+1
    Welcome Tim,
    Still pretty cold up there this time of year... and I am speaking hearsay, since I've yet to make it.

If you make it to Phoenix, you really don't need a wetsuit for our lakes, after Febuary. Just don't go swimming, and stay ON the ski.

The lakes here are pretty deserted until June, so it's pretty much YOUR lake, until then. Canyon, Saguaro, Apache, Roosevelt on the east side and Pleasant on the west side. All are somewhat close to Scottsdale, and Tempe, so nightlife can be found, if you try.

Nice ski. Where do you ride in NM?

welcome aboard!

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy River View Post
    Tim...Where did you get the skull flames at???
    The Flames were painted on by a friend along with the rest of the ski. It almost looks like the same blue it was but it's actually Sonic Blue off the 03-04 Cobra.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotoys View Post
    Welcome Tim,
    Still pretty cold up there this time of year... and I am speaking hearsay, since I've yet to make it.

If you make it to Phoenix, you really don't need a wetsuit for our lakes, after Febuary. Just don't go swimming, and stay ON the ski.

The lakes here are pretty deserted until June, so it's pretty much YOUR lake, until then. Canyon, Saguaro, Apache, Roosevelt on the east side and Pleasant on the west side. All are somewhat close to Scottsdale, and Tempe, so nightlife can be found, if you try.

Nice ski. Where do you ride in NM?
    I was thinking Phoenix too, I have a friend that lives in Scottsdale so it would be nice to hang out with him too. I actually stopped by Lake Pleasant the day after I bought the ski in October. I just stayed away from the rangers since it wasn't registered, I couldn't help myself from trying it out, lol. I ride at Elephant Butte, Conchas, and Abiquiu so I'm kind of used to the cold water.

+1
    Scottsdale is about 30mins from Bartlett Lake, and Horseshoe lake. They are chocked full right now, probably good thru June.

Let me know. I'll ride with you guys and gals.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotoys View Post
    Scottsdale is about 30mins from Bartlett Lake, and Horseshoe lake. They are chocked full right now, probably good thru June.

Let me know. I'll ride with you guys and gals.
    Yeah I will let you know for sure if we decide to head that way.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TimGT View Post
    I ride at Elephant Butte, Conchas, and Abiquiu so I'm kind of used to the cold water.

First, Welcome!

I've been to Elephant Butte once. That was once too many. I thought I was south of the border and the mass of humanity was insane I ended packing up and spending the rest of the weekend at Santa Fe. I guess the week leading up to Memorial day isn't the best time to be anywhere near Truth or Consequences, NM. I was riding single track at Pueblo this weekend; ICE in the coves but I saw 3 standups in the water I guess I'll be riding this month!

Quote Originally Posted by Fast-XPL View Post
    First, Welcome!

I've been to Elephant Butte once. That was once too many. I thought I was south of the border and the mass of humanity was insane I ended packing up and spending the rest of the weekend at Santa Fe. I guess the week leading up to Memorial day isn't the best time to be anywhere near Truth or Consequences, NM. I was riding single track at Pueblo this weekend; ICE in the coves but I saw 3 standups in the water I guess I'll be riding this month!
    Yeah Elephant Butte/ T or C aren't the best places to be around that time, it gets a little crazy around there. I think once was enough for me as well, lol. Sounds a little too cold for me up in Pueblo, those had to be some die hard riders right there.

Thread Information