+1

doin my carbs got some questions

Ok guys im gonna be doin my carbs as soon as i get home from school in a few weeks but i wanna go ahead an buy everything now so i have it. First off i have a slt 750. What size mikuni carb rebuild kits do i need? Are the needle an seat 2.0? An was gram weight is the stock pop off spring? Thanks as always!

38 mm mikuni's and since mikuni's don't have internal fuel pumps half the kit is a waste! I usually buy the diaphragm's and needle and seat for less than a rebuild kit that doesn't come with the needle and seats yes 2.0 ns also I have never needed new springs unless I was changing popoff settings
    Last edited by ZMANN; 02-11-2008 at 05:07 PM.

+1
    Z the carbs have never been rebuilt! There for im gonna put new springs in. What weight are they?

Ps the whole me telling you i didnt rebuild these carbs yet, this is what i get for asking you why you reused C-clips.

it's your coin ! best to pull them down first and inspect I do them for 28 bucks a carb your looking at 60! there are only a couple of reusable unless ripped parts/filter, check valve,oring, that come in the kit and if the spring is in pop off speck it's fine however I don't know what color it is cause polaris stockers are propriety I believe ps I have 11 mikuni's in service with no problems ' i didn't cut corners I just don't buy parts I don't need! but if you don't have time to inspect before you order you kinda got to go that route, do you have the gauge for pop off yet? Z
    Last edited by ZMANN; 02-11-2008 at 09:58 PM.

+1
    OMG Z the carbs were a mess when i opened them! Not only were they all caked up, but it caused me to drop to 90 psi on the pto cylinder becuase it was blowing gas/oil outta the atmospheric vent. Money is no problem, i just want no more problems. O yes an i have no gauge.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by xplayer2885 View Post
    OMG Z the carbs were a mess when i opened them! Not only were they all caked up, but it caused me to drop to 90 psi on the pto cylinder becuase it was blowing gas/oil outta the atmospheric vent. Money is no problem, i just want no more problems. O yes an i have no gauge.

I believe zigler has complete sets for carb rebuilds for sale

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by xplayer2885 View Post
    WAIT--- a ripped diaphram in the carb WILL NOT affect compression.....
    a lean condition may have scored your cyl walls or 1 ring is stuck ..
    on a compression tests it only makes a diff. if the throttle is open or closed
    PLEASE CORRECT ME (anyone) this is not an opinion -I never mind being wrong cuase it means I learned something
    mattman

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Blowing gas through the atmospheric vent? Or out the carb top? With a loss in compression, it may be a broken reed valve...

Thats what I am thinking also. Bad/broken reeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    Blowing gas through the atmospheric vent? Or out the carb top? With a loss in compression, it may be a broken reed valve...

Thread Information