Condensation on Intercooler..?????

Jetrob and I rode our ski,s pretty hard this weekend, and having the chance to ride aech others we both noticed that his ski was venting it,s boost much more and quicker after commin off throttle. We popped the seats and noticed that his intercooler was covered in condensation, but the engine and other components were not, when comparing to mine we noticed that mine was not. (We had both done the same amount of ridin).
    We also noticed that my ski seem to be runnin hotter, especially the exhaust.......Any theorys . Neither of us are havin any runnin probs...just curious...

Did your friend increase the water flow to his intercooler. My friends run the XMS intercooler on there RXP and RXT and both of there intercoolers have condinsation in the 45 to 50 degree water we ride in. What water temps are you riding in. Did you check for condisation in the intercooler.
    Thanks Shawn

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TOQUICK250X View Post
    Did your friend increase the water flow to his intercooler. My friends run the XMS intercooler on there RXP and RXT and both of there intercoolers have condinsation in the 45 to 50 degree water we ride in. What water temps are you riding in. Did you check for condisation in the intercooler.
    Thanks Shawn
    Exactly what I thought too ... for some reason your friend's ski has more water going thru the IC (causing the condensation due to bigger temp difference), and that would also mean more water going thru the motor/exhaust, keeping his entire engine cooler. Either you have reduced flow due to jet pump bleed blockage (I mean your cooling port coming off the jetpump) or a blockage in your intercooler itself would be my guess ... or your friend snuck in a water flow increase trick on his ski ...
    Last edited by Vern; 02-12-2008 at 10:00 AM. Reason: clarify

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Exactly what I thought too ... for some reason your friend's ski has more water going thru the IC (causing the condensation due to bigger temp difference), and that would also mean more water going thru the motor/exhaust, keeping his entire engine cooler. Either you have reduced flow due to jet pump bleed blockage (I mean your cooling port coming off the jetpump) or a blockage in your intercooler itself would be my guess ... or your friend snuck in a water flow increase trick on his ski ...
    Nice friend

Thread Information