Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

First test with 2 Intercoolers Need Some Impeller Help!

Well had it out yesterday and the conditions were ideal. Stock the boat ( Seadoo Speedster S200 ) ran 58.5 at 7500 RPMs now with the air intake and the RR ECUs and intercoolers it ran 66.2! Thatís with a full tank ( 40 Gallons I think ) of fuel and the RPMs were only 7700. So I need to do some impeller work now to get it were it should be. I gained 8 MPH and I know there is least 2 more with out doing much of anything. But the real Benny is the power. Itís unreal! it will stay on plan at 4100 RPMs were it never do that before. Any time you hit the gas it just plows you in the seat. The improvements were well worth it...
    Guy's I need some help with the impellers though. The stock impeller will let it rip up to 7700 RPMs but no more I want to run at 8300. What should I do? Who makes the best all around prop? I do ski with the boat. Can you change the leading edge of the impeller and the trailing edge? And if I decrease the pitch to get more RPMs would that bring my speed down?

Depitching the prop will get the RPM's up,and you won't loose your speed you could gain but you may not be able to depitch enough to gain 600 RPM's you probably need to change props. I'm not sure what the stock props are pitched at on these boats but find out and then we will know what prop would fit your mods.Best prop is the Solas but we need to know your pitch to make a recommendation.

Solas 12/20 R try that I believe it will work well

Solas 12/20 R try that I believe it will work well

www.WMFwatercraft.com

Impellers

I think I have an 11 / 21. So I'm looking to run it around 8200 to 8300 RPMs and right now I'm at 7650. I just donít want to loose any acceleration because with the set up I have not its unreal! Now if I drop my pitch to get the R's up how will my speed go up? Sorry if itís a dumb question. I'm used to outdrive on inboard out board boats not jet pumps.

I was checking my shop manual and my C-180 is a 10/21 and so is the little sportster scic. I'm assuming yours is the exact same being it's the identical motor/pump. I can't believe the increase in mph you got Did you fill the rideplate holes?

I ordered a skat trak three blade and Glen @ Skat suggested a 13/17 to start with as I am only running 7650 as well. Increasing pitch lowers RPM and Decreasing raises. All that extra hp yer now making means you can definitely lower the pitch on your trailing edge (rpm ^) WMFwatercraft probably knows more about this then us...but I'm not sure if 1* less pitch would be enough to bring your revs up to 8300. As for the holeshot (leading edge)...how is it? Is it cavitating or does it ramp right up to 7750 without hesitation? If it's cavitating you could go up in pitch ie/ 12 or 13*. Maybe you should send your stock impellers to Jerry and have him take out 2* of trailing edge...this would be the cheapest way to start.

I used to be able to just hammer it with no cavitations but now it will cavatate. But once on plane I can hammer it and it just pulls to 7600. The power is unreal! Feels really good. I read in a post that with the RR ECU stock class you should adjust the timing on the cam for better performance but not sure if I should do it? If is will make it better I'm up for it. I'm going to call Riva and solas on Monday and see what they say on the props.

It is very easy to get the right impeller pitch.

You simply down in detail exactly what your have now as far as the craft, mods and exactly how it performs in typical whether conditions. Make particular note of problems you have like the cavitation during hard acceleration. Make sure you note the rev limit and where you are at now at wide open and where you want to be. (100-150 rpm below the limit is best)

Then write down how you like to use your craft..ie like for towing, general recreation, or speed runs, etc.

Then just pull your pumps and send them to Glen Perry at Skat Track with your letter detailing the above stuff. (Don't forget your credit card number)

Have him install the dual or triple bearing modification and stainless wear rings when he repitchs your oem impellers. He will make the whole set-up perfectly matched and all with extremely close tolerence.

In a week or two when you get them back, it will be the best 1400 bucks you'll ever spend on your boat and will save you a ton of headaches and endless hours of wasted time...

Skat-Trak is the best place to go for this type of tuning:

Skat-Trak
    Attn.: Glen Perry
    654 Avenue K
    Calimesa, CA 92320

(909) 795-2505

PS... Your boat is Sweeeeeeeet.

When you want to make it into an 80+ mph 650 hp monster... just ask for Nils888 .

+1
    somefun, I just love that boat. I wish I had one. I did however have a Exciter 270 and loved it.
    Does your boat spin and turn unbelievebly scary?

I would like a ride in it????

Quote Originally Posted by somefun
    I read in a post that with the RR ECU stock class you should adjust the timing on the cam for better performance but not sure if I should do it? If is will make it better I'm up for it.
    Yes you MUST retard your cam timing with the R/R stock class ECU'S, a buddie of mine with a stage II RXP didn't followed the instruccions and put his RR S/C ECU without retarding the cam and lost 250 rpm's in his stage II RXP, before the S/C ECU he was using already a first generation RR ECU and was spinning a out of the box 14/19R solas prop to 8450 rpm's but then they dropped to 8200, after i retarded the cam for him following Jerry (Green Hulk) instruccions his ski started to hit 8450 rpms again with a HUGE increase in accell and midrange over his first generation (2 years old) RR ECU.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information