Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Rude question for the experts

RXP
    Suppose that when I get my Green water box (installed) with current mods: stock ecu, S3 charger, XS ic, 42,s, that i am running top speed of 77.0 to 77.5 mph. Best with current mods is 76.9 mph with 10.4 boost.

If install Rude charger, stock injectors, rude fuel reg, 4 inch intake, running stock ecu,,,,,,,,
    What if any would be my realistic top speed gain???????????

I have read where the difference in acceleration from going from s3 to rude is the same difference as going from stock sc to S3, but what about top speed.

Thanks
    Last edited by skoepp; 02-11-2008 at 09:10 PM.

You would gain top speed for sure....and better acceleration as the 42s are a TAD rich on the bottom with your current setup...PLUS you would be running the BAD DADDY Rude Charger...

I think 1.5 to 2+ mph increase over the S3 is realistic...but you asked for expert opinions....and I don't feel qualified as one of those guys...YET!

+1
    You will gain 400 or so RPM's and will have to add lots of pitch to your impeller. It's safe to say you would gain 3 mph and a butt load more acceleration.

If I only knew all this info before I build-up my ski Id've saved a ton of money when started building my ski. That's why I love this site so much..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    You will gain 400 or so RPM's and will have to add lots of pitch to your impeller. It's safe to say you would gain 3 mph and a butt load more acceleration.
    Jerry,

thanks for the information. One more question.
    Will this be a safe and reliable setup on my engine? That being the rude setup. I do not want to take the chance of catastrophic faliure.

Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    Jerry,

Will this be a safe and reliable setup on my engine? That being the rude setup. I do not want to take the chance of catastrophic faliure.
    I certainly can't call myself a RUDE expert but I'm pretty sure its perfectly safe for your engine. It honestly sounds like it would be an awesome setup being that your able to keep stock injectors with the RUDE regulator..

Although after thinking about it there is so much more potential in the s3 setup IMO.. I mean it might cost a lil more depending on buying parts new/used but I think a lot of the fun is in the challange of making the best of the setup you have. For example: I want to get the most of my s3 setup w/ out ecu/valvetrain/rideplate and see how much I can squeeze out of her. Then I'll upgrade those key parts and get a bunch more speed/rpm's (In the future).

I'm willing to bet 83-85mph is possible with the my complete s3 setup & rideplate.. It might take a season or so but I'd really like to prove that. I mean a rideplate alone could get me an addition 2-3 mph!! There will be a lot of tweaking in order but I think it can be done.

Anyway I'm by no means trying to shoot you down like I said before the rude setup will be awesome.. Also its all about what your goals are and what you like..
    Last edited by kp04rxp; 02-12-2008 at 10:46 AM.

+1
    Jerry,

Very reliable. Many people on this forum run Rude Chargers and there are never any reports of failures.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kp04rxp View Post
    I certainly can't call myself a RUDE expert but I'm pretty sure its perfectly safe for your engine. It honestly sounds like it would be an awesome setup being that your able to keep stock injectors with the RUDE regulator..

Although after thinking about it there is so much more potential in the s3 setup IMO.. I mean it might cost a lil more depending on buying parts new/used but I think a lot of the fun is in the challange of making the best of the setup you have. For example: I want to get the most of my s3 setup w/ out ecu/valvetrain/rideplate and see how much I can squeeze out of her. Then I'll upgrade those key parts and get a bunch more speed/rpm's (In the future).

I'm willing to bet 83-85mph is possible with the my complete s3 setup & rideplate.. It might take a season or so but I'd really like to prove that. I mean a rideplate alone could get me an addition 2-3 mph!! There will be a lot of tweaking in order but I think it can be done.

Anyway I'm by no means trying to shoot you down like I said before the rude setup will be awesome.. Also its all about what your goals are and what you like..
    thanks for the comments kp04rxp,

I feel the same as some of your comments. I also have allways felt that I want to do all my mods with stock ecu, and I still feel that way. I ride my ski for rec. and do not race, or atleast not professionally.
    I do agree that the potential with my S3 is much more than what i have now. Such as ride plate mod, new exhaust manifold or pipe mod, set back pump mod, and whatever else transpires. I think that at my elevation that I ride at 2,600 to 2,900 ft. it was going to be dang near impossible for me to reach the 80 mph barrier according to what others were running at sea level. Maybe with the 3 big mods listed above I would or could reach that platue.
    The real reason that I can not keep from going Rude is I have been offered a very, very nice price for the charger with metal washers and ceramic barrings with almost no hours. Not to mention a very special deal on rxp ecu included. Kill to birds with one stone.

Again it all comes down to what you can afford and want in your ski, and for right now the mod bug is going crazy getting ready for summer and the fact that I love the speed does not help.

Good luck and I am sure that you will achieve your goals.

Oh, and do not geet me wrong, the S3 charger is fantastic and I would reccomend it to anyone serious about going fast. Not for the faint of heart.
    Last edited by skoepp; 02-12-2008 at 11:02 AM.

+1
    The Rude charger is a very solid product. It will work fine for you with the stock ECU provided you use the Rude electronic controller and 50# injectors or the Rude rising rate. However you will not see the full ability of the Rude charger till you change your ECU.
    Last edited by DaveC; 02-12-2008 at 11:02 AM. Reason: r

thanks for the comments kp04rxp,

I feel the same as some of your comments. I also have allways felt that I want to do all my mods with stock ecu, and I still feel that way. I ride my ski for rec. and do not race, or atleast not professionally.
    I do agree that the potential with my S3 is much more than what i have now. Such as ride plate mod, new exhaust manifold or pipe mod, set back pump mod, and whatever else transpires. I think that at my elevation that I ride at 2,600 to 2,900 ft. it was going to be dang near impossible for me to reach the 80 mph barrier according to what others were running at sea level. Maybe with the 3 big mods listed above I would or could reach that platue.
    The real reason that I can not keep from going Rude is I have been offered a very, very nice price for the charger with metal washers and ceramic barrings with almost no hours. Not to mention a very special deal on rxp ecu included. Kill to birds with one stone.

Again it all comes down to what you can afford and want in your ski, and for right now the mod bug is going crazy getting ready for summer and the fact that I love the speed does not help.

Good luck and I am sure that you will achieve your goals.

Oh, and do not geet me wrong, the S3 charger is fantastic and I would reccomend it to anyone serious about going fast. Not for the faint of heart.
    Completely understandable.. Didn't take into account that your elevation was affecting your setup compared to mine. I wouldn't pass up a good deal either!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information