Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

R U SHO disappointed?

If the reports from Riva are true that this ski is a 64-mph ski. & after $1200 in after-market parts it might hit 67-mph. Are you disappointed? Yamaha website still says fastest accelerating production ski, I dont get it, whats up with that? Is all of OZ under a black cloud? Has only one of these ski's been released to the public down there? And that one is owned by noah, stuck with 40 days of rain so we cant get a stink'n gps #? What is up with the secrecy? I'm back to my theory that Yamaha wants to release them all on the same day so everyone can be disappointed at the same time!!!!!!!!!! "Hallelujah Holy sh_t where's the tylenol"??????????

Jim

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    It needs boost... That is the plain and simple truth!!

+1
    fastest accelerating and fastest ski are two completely different things now aren't they. Got to love the marketing dept.

Moderated
    its a bit of a boat imho.

i tried asking a yami dude about 2009's offering for 2 seaters and he blew me off.

i might import a second rxp-x end of year.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OsideBill View Post
    fastest accelerating and fastest ski are two completely different things now aren't they. Got to love the marketing dept.
    Yes they are Bill, but by all reports the RXPX out accelerates it also. And why have a link on your website showing testing that has the top speed of 66mph????

Jim

+1
    IF this is really true, I have one thing to say.

Welcome to your new Yamaha Ultra.

I just can't get on board with this whole 65mph cap thing.HOWEVER, this is a cruiser-class ski, so I wouldn't crucify it for being a 65mph ski. Most folks will purely love it for it's open water capabilities and it's accelleration.

Quote Originally Posted by jpack View Post
    If the reports from Riva are true that this ski is a 64-mph ski. & after $1200 in after-market parts it might hit 67-mph. Are you disappointed? Yamaha website still says fastest accelerating production ski, I dont get it, whats up with that? Is all of OZ under a black cloud? Has only one of these ski's been released to the public down there? And that one is owned by noah, stuck with 40 days of rain so we cant get a stink'n gps #? What is up with the secrecy? I'm back to my theory that Yamaha wants to release them all on the same day so everyone can be disappointed at the same time!!!!!!!!!! "Hallelujah Holy sh_t where's the tylenol"??????????

Jim
    LOL, in 12 days we will know for sure.

+1
    I had been thinking about buying one as a 2nd ski. I had also been fired up about having an 1800cc engine to mod. If what Riva says is true, forget trying to hop this thing up. Everyone was thinking that we could dial the boost up and do a few more mods and this thing would be a monster. It's not looking that way so far.... DAMN...... Hopefully we will get more info on the ECU. Maybe it can be changed or re-programed.

+1
    the video on yami's website radared it at 66mph....what was everyone expecting?
    Like those #'s riva post for its kits have always been dead on??

lets wait and see.

then again, they don't have my deposit yet, so i'm sort of biased

Quote Originally Posted by jpack View Post

Jim
    To funny, you have a creative way of describing the whole OZ thing. I'm having the same suspicious feelings about the whole "testing" issues.

Not to offend anyone in or around the gold coast area, but is this new Sho owner really the owner? Or does he work at the dealership and was just doing a test run, after taking it out of the crate. Did Yamaha tell the guy to keep his comments to himself till all these things get realeased?

I know I'm stirring the stick here and don't wan't to offend anyone. But
    really, rain or shine....as long it's warm enough, if I had the first Sho I would be out testing and enjoying my new purchase. Maybe he is looking for the perfect sunny day to really enjoy it and give it his blessing.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information