Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can you run the IC with the stock ECU

Rember early this year when the RR Intercooler and now Riva has there IC out. The talk was you needed the Racing ECU to run the IC to prevent damage to your motor. Has anyone done or heard of any testing other than Riva that it is ok to run the after market IC with your stock ecu??? I thin I might go with the stock ECU but hell if I pay $1500 buck of an ECU I might as well as go with the racing ECU

+1
    Are you talking about just keeping your stock ECU and running the IC or are you referring to the RR ECU that's more like the stock that costs $1500 and running that with the IC?

I got the RR IC and have not bought any ECU. Just need to install the IC and then I'll see if I'm ready to spring for another high mod like an ECU.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    JrsRXP.... i was jsut lokin at your "signature" you ski is performing pretty damn well with the mods you got! at least i think so. 71.5 is a bold number with the few mods you have listed. good work.

Shibby,
    Thanks man when I first just added the impeller I would pull 70mph on gps and would get a 70.4 was my max. After I added the Riva Power filter that adden another mile on top end. now with the weather heating up I have probly lost a mile on top end but the acceleration is good.

+1
    There is a lot of speculation around that one. Some say you have to have a ECU with a richer fuel map to compensate for all the added power of an IC and Vortech SC. Riva has data sheets that prove they don't I guess. At least with their IC.

The same thing was said by Riva detractors when they came out with the Power Filter. Everyone that sold a different part said Riva's PF would kill your ski. Melt it, they even had some fake pictures to prove it. Time has shown that the PF didn't melt the ski, just like Riva said.

The thing that I take some solace in with Riva is why would a well established company like that with all the good testing equipment they have release a kit that could potentially cause a dangerous lean condition just to make a fast buck? It seems like the opposite is true. They would err on the side of safety so they can continue to sell mod kits for all types of skis for a long time to come.

+1
    if you are gonna buy a RR ecu DO NOT get the stock RR ecu, as in some other posts that ecu si made for a bone stock boat, i used it on my modded ski and my top rpm's were rightaround 7800, it has lots of low end power but not enought fuel on top, get the fat ecu if you are going to get one at all

seadoo02xp
    You mean to tell me that the aftermarket stock ECU only allow 7000+ RPMs on the top end??? like I said if I am going to drop that much change on an ECU it will be the racing ecu. According to Riva when I talked to them at the races there IC drops the temp down 50degres lower. Does some one know how much degrees lower the RR IC lower the air temp to??? I wonder how Riva is getting buy with not running an after market ECU??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrsrxp
    I wonder how Riva is getting buy with not running an after market ECU??
    Me too, can't wait to hear some real world results...

+1
    Jrsrxp

if you have amodded ski the stock rotax racing ecu will not work for you, .....been there tried that....there are 2 rr ecu's, you will need the fatter one, when i say fatter i mean the one that adds fuel, like the one hulk has and jarret has, if you are gonna keep it bone stock then you want the rr ecu that is setup for stock boats for a 15hp gain

seadoo02xp,

Are you referencing the 4501 and 4502, the 4501 being for modded and the 4502 for stock?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information