Loss of power 04 RXP

I was ridin on saturday racing a scarab then it happened no power and speed dropped. I was taching about 8100 rpms then it dropped to 6100 rpms with full throttle and speed went from 70 to 55. Any thoughts on what happened to my ski ? It is an 04 RXP with 30.5 hrs with no mods.

+1
    Sounds like you blew the SC clutch. Do not run it any more until you check your clutch slip moment. Instructions should be in the how to section / tech info.

Thanks for the response. I do have extended warranty that should be covered right?

Quote Originally Posted by PossisRXP
    Thanks for the response. I do have extended warranty that should be covered right?
    yes, it should be covered under warranty. make sure your tech at the dealer is compitant (spelling?) enough to know how to fix it properly.

Your clutch is gone definitely. Ask the service guy how they fix something like that. And if they say things that contradict what is suppose to be done, it might save you further frustration and might be worth while to take it to another dealership even though it may be further away.

After you get your ski fixed, post if you loose your clutch again. Expect to loose it again within the next 25-30 hrs. But if all goes well you might not have to mess with it for awhile.

I've noticed that people who loose their clutch early tend to loose it more frequently.

I remember riding my RXP for the last time loading it up. Great ski hated to get rid of it but its of no use if it keeps breaking down. Seadoo really needs to fix that clutch.

+1
    PossisRXP,how many hours do you have on your rxp,I'm at 145 hrs on my 04 RXP and I really need to get my clutch rebuild before mine go's out.

Pull your intake off the back of the supercharger and see if you can turn the impellar with your hands, if so clutch is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by JRW1484
    Pull your intake off the back of the supercharger and see if you can turn the impellar with your hands, if so clutch is gone.
    Ditto...
    and if the clutches are gone, the motor needs to come apart for proper cleaning of the debris, and check for damamged internals, and if so, it`s a long wait, I know...PR...

Thread Information