Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: ultra250x

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    43

    ultra250x

    me and a friend of mine was sitting down wonder an idea to twin charge using a turbo on a ultra 250x with a interkooler with 2 in outlets and 1 out. i have acess to all the equpiment to do the job. i kno with the ultra it has a very low compression ratio.perfect for a turbo. turbos runs from hot air which it would be connected to the exhaust. including waste gate and runs into the interkool. the supercharger can run to the dual interkooler also. and the outlet hose runs to the throttle bodies creating power. get a universal aem ajustable fuel regulator to adjust the fuel to the fuel injections or buy fuel injector from rc injection..put in a afr gauge and boost gaugeto see if runin too lean r rich and what boost runing.
    what other issues can affect this from working? woudl like your opinions on this idea.


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    43
    of course the block off and the ventilation kti would have to be installed

  3. #3
    I have no idea how you would build this beast but I can promise you that I would be the first customer in line for the kit.

    LB

  4. #4
    Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    5,563
    +1
    169
    i see some flaws in your design.

    you will be cramming an extreme amount of boost into a motor that is already near its max... you will need to reinforce the block and cylinders due to the added cylinder pressure and will also need some sort of head gurdle as well.

    you are gonna need a little more than injectors and a fuel pressure regulator to make this work. you are gonna need an aftermarket fuel controller such as the r&d powershot at the very least or just step up and run an autronics ecu. the tubing nightmare you would ensue would be nuts due to the placement of the s/c and the waterboxes,


    even if you are running a small turbo, you are still going to be putting at the very least 16 pounds of boost in the motor..... you will need a boost referenced fuel pump, larger injectors, and a highly efficient intercooler which given the size needed and the space given would be mediocre efficient at best

    you might be better of scrapping the s/c and just going to a turbo set-up. which would provide much more efficient use of the motors out put.... you might also want to port the intake and exhaust manifolds and head to get them flowing more efficiently

    probably gonna want to look into retrofitting the 160mm skat magnum pump from a 15F on to the hull to make use of that power otherwise you will probably just boil the prop
    Last edited by Region8Ultra250X; 02-12-2008 at 07:50 PM.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    43
    so why r&d r makin 22 psi pulleys?? if the engine its near its max. he stock s/c on a ultra is 11 psi. and with a small turbo added you can easly step up that boost. makin the craft have a hard acceloration and mid.

  6. #6
    Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    5,563
    +1
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by SurpriseRider614 View Post
    so why r&d r makin 22 psi pulleys?? if the engine its near its max. he stock s/c on a ultra is 11 psi. and with a small turbo added you can easly step up that boost. makin the craft have a hard acceloration and mid.
    got any documentation on the r&d 22 psi pulley? that is double the boost of the stock motor.

    the craft would have hard acceleration and mid only if you have the right pump and prop combo in the boat.

    i am not new to the world of forced induction or ski's, just telling you what i know from experience. it would be nice to see it work but you would need a highly efficient intercooler set-up and a higly exotic pump to make it work otherwise it's gonna be a bitch to get a holeshot on the machine

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Cayman Islands
    Posts
    13
    I don't really agree with you say " MAX", but I do believe the prop spinning out becoming a problem. I think it is very much possible.

    First I would recommend a Wide-band O2 sensor digital display
    to ensure that the engine is not running lean and ready, and if it is the fuel pressure can be increase to compensate for the lil extra flow of CFM.
    I know it might sound to simple but it just is.

    But you would have to take in to consideration the size injector that are currently on the craft and use your disgression with the most of boost u intend to run,I am not say u could run 22psi but u can create a larger amount of CFM at a lower RMP.

    Quote Originally Posted by Region8Ultra250X View Post
    i see some flaws in your design.
    you will be cramming an extreme amount of boost into a motor that is already near its max... you will need to reinforce the block and cylinders due to the added cylinder pressure and will also need some sort of head gurdle as well.

    you are gonna need a little more than injectors and a fuel pressure regulator to make this work. you are gonna need an aftermarket fuel controller such as the r&d powershot at the very least or just step up and run an autronics ecu. the tubing nightmare you would ensue would be nuts due to the placement of the s/c and the waterboxes,


    even if you are running a small turbo, you are still going to be putting at the very least 16 pounds of boost in the motor..... you will need a boost referenced fuel pump, larger injectors, and a highly efficient intercooler which given the size needed and the space given would be mediocre efficient at best

    you might be better of scrapping the s/c and just going to a turbo set-up. which would provide much more efficient use of the motors out put.... you might also want to port the intake and exhaust manifolds and head to get them flowing more efficiently

    probably gonna want to look into retrofitting the 160mm skat magnum pump from a 15F on to the hull to make use of that power otherwise you will probably just boil the prop

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    43
    compare the 250x to the turo 15f.. they have 400hp turbo charges 15f..whats the difference just adding a second force induction. the ultra 250x is based on a 15f motor

  9. #9
    The 250X motor can not handle 22 psi of boost stock nor does R&D offer a pulley that could produce that. First you will blow all your oil out of the motor. A complete tear down would be needed to resolve this issue. Then the pistons would need to be changed. Also the head would have to be modified so as to not blow out the head gaskets. I/C fitting problems could be an issue.

    Doing a dual stage blower system would require an all new ECU that could handle the kit. Also it will take more then a wide band to tune the motor with the complex fuel mapping that would need to be completed.

    Just isn't effective.

    Still the end result is only a 75mph boat. So if you could complete this astronomically expensive task it would all be for a 5mph gain.

    Look at it as a mule pulling a plow. (the 250 hull being a plow) So you think your going to till your farm faster with replacing the ASS with a Stallion. Wrong! You plow is going to dig deeper and your Stallion is going to cost you a bunch but tire quickly and your neighbor with the mule is going to finish before you.

    Trust me you can throw alot of HP at this hull and it can handle it fine but it ain't going to make it alot faster. Stronger yes but top speed gains on this hull is hard to achieve.

    Case in point is a Macc Racing 15F SC motor at 400HP in a light weight 250 hull will only turn 76mph. Why? Hull Design.

    So lets say you put a different bottom on the 250X (15F) run pump gas and can achieve 76mph. With a base line like that, then motor mods would show gains that warrant the expense.

    This is all just my opinion though, so dont take it as talking the idea down but more as rationalizing the facts of the hull design.

  10. #10
    Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    5,563
    +1
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by SurpriseRider614 View Post
    compare the 250x to the turo 15f.. they have 400hp turbo charges 15f..whats the difference just adding a second force induction. the ultra 250x is based on a 15f motor
    two completely different motors.... different bore and stroke combo, different head and pistons and ecu

    skip is right, you can only go to a certain point before you reach the max efficiency of the hull

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Region's Ultra250X Project
    By Region8Ultra250X in forum Kawasaki Projects
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 02-16-2011, 05:59 PM
  2. WTB Stock Ultra250x Prop
    By fastkaz in forum Kawasaki Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-09-2008, 10:49 AM
  3. R & D kits for ultra250X
    By snapper455 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-13-2007, 09:28 PM
  4. black ultra250x pics
    By snapper455 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-27-2007, 05:02 PM
  5. TLR Performance porting available for 15F/Ultra250X
    By tlrperf in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-16-2007, 07:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •