Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Best wet suit and pricing?

Living in Pacific Northwest, water temperatures mostly in the 40s but I don't plan on being in the water much during the cold weather months. So what suit suits me best? Sure a thick 7mm suit would be great but I don't want to buy more than one suit and want mobility too. I will layer for warmth but still - any ideas or suggestions as to where to buy? Will need boots and gloves as well.

i bought a 3:2 wetsuit from O'Neil and Switch pants planning for 50-55F water so i hope it will work

+1
    if your in the 40's i would go with drysuit..

+1
    Bare brand has this dry suit for $350 but I was hoping to get something I could wear year round and just layer as I don't plan on being in a dry suit when the weather gets warmer. But it obviously makes sense with these temps. And I'm rolling the dice that I won't get wet...hmm. Why does fun have to cost so much money?

i dont see why you would need to get a drysuit... they say if its 40F to get one but thats if you are swimming in it and constantly wet....when it is that cold out i doubt you will want to get wet but incase you get thrown off or something i would get something that would be suffice for a short time in that water temp. (enough time to get back on your ski)

i got a 3/2 wetsuit for $100 and im sure you can find one a little thicker for not much more, just search

+1
    You're right...I don't plan on being in the water like a skiier or diver and I plan on layering with the vest obviously and could even wear my North Face ski jacket, goggles and Sorrel boots - the fury ones of course.

Whatever I get it has to be got soon because I'm thinking it's only 3 weeks away.

I use a Henderson Hyperstretch 5 mil. It is good for riding in 40 degree temps. The best part about it is when it is even in the upper 30's and low 40's you will still get very warm. Just jump in the water for a few seconds and you will cool down to a comfortable temp, even in 40 degree temps. Henderson's are excellent quality and well priced. Right at $360 and worth every penny.... Check out scubatoys.com for some others.
    Last edited by Red Devil; 02-13-2008 at 10:12 PM.

+1
    Thanks for the info Red Devil - I'll check them out!

Quote Originally Posted by rx4pain View Post
    Sure a thick 7mm suit would be great but I don't want to buy more than one suit and want mobility too.
    You would literally roast yourself in a 7 mil. That is way to much for what you want it for let alone restrictive. If it was sunny, and only 35 outside, as soon as you stopped for 5 minutes, you would start to sweat like it was over 90 outside. The Henderson 5 mil should be perfect and very flexible as well. Ya get watcha pay for too with that brand as compared to the others for only half the price.

I have a 3/2 pinnacle that I picked up at the local dive shop for $199. It is very well made. When it gets into the low 50s I wear winter weight under armore under it. Kept me warm at 42 deg but I wasnt swimming arround in it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information