02-13-2008, 12:35 AM #1
Just how fun are these things? I've been dying to ride one but I don't have any friends here in the Houston area that have one. Those Polaris Octanes look pretty sweet
02-13-2008, 01:13 AM #2
- Join Date
- Oct 2006
- Cleveland OH
Some people will only ride stand ups. Suppose to be alot more fun than sit downs. The power to weight ratio is what makes them more exciting I would think.
02-13-2008, 10:49 AM #3
They are fun, but you cannot ride as long. The stand ups take a lot more skill and concentration. They are great for little people, but if you are over 200#LIKE ME (UNLESS YOU REALLY PUMP THEM UP)they can really beat you up.
02-13-2008, 10:58 AM #4
Yeah, I'm 6' and about 215 lbs so would it still be fun? I've considered buying a cheaper one to try out...they look like a blast.
02-13-2008, 01:26 PM #5
Im 6'2 and about 230 and my 550 is a lot of fun. Just gets really tiring holding balnace in turns when it doesnt go like I need it to. Im sure someone nearby has one for cheap
You can always resell it
02-13-2008, 02:29 PM #6
I ride my friends sxr. Its a blast an the power to weight ratio is insane! I'm currently saving up for one.
02-13-2008, 03:21 PM #7
I love my stand up - Its a great arm leg work out- Great for lakes and Ocean
Gonna have to start riding her in the ocean next week or so in newport, Ri
power to weight is pretty cool too
You can get some really good deals on some older skis -
I have a 650 all modded out - was only used in fresh water- its awesome
Highly recommend it!
02-13-2008, 03:46 PM #8
What would you all consider a good ski to look for, just to mess around with?
02-14-2008, 12:27 AM #9
- Join Date
- Dec 2007
Buy one, ride it, and you'll be hooked forever.....
Here are some tips for your first stand-up ride........
1. Guys, NO knee riding, EVER............
1b. & tie your swimsuit TIGHT ( see #10 )
1c. Ladies bikinis are perfect for stand-ups.... :+)
2. You will get F@#$#@% wet... real wet...
3. Keep your weight forward, or you'll bounce like a bunny rabbit
4. Did I say you'll get wet, that's part of the fun...
5. If you have trouble balancing, then one knee up is o.k. for awhile but not in front of any friends...
6. Practice wide turns first....
7. Remember, you'll get wet...
8. When you start to fall, and you will, LET GO!!!
9. If you decide to "hold on" you'll prolong the inevitable.........getting wet...
10. Dragging off the back @ full throttle!!! just say GOODBYE to your suit !! unless you followed #1b
11. When standing & you still bounce your feet are just to far back, stagger your feet...
12. Dropping to one knee in turns helps you feel the ski & balance, but remember not in front of the guys
13. Practice, practice, practice, and have fun
WOT when standing / priceless!!
Once you are practiced there is soo much more to do..... You can turn on a dime, get unbelievable "AIR TIME" and ...............
log or jumping anything
WIFE & kid soakers (my favorite)
02-14-2008, 12:38 AM #10
- Join Date
- Aug 2006
lol . I can bring my fishing pole and food for 2 days on my couch!
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By jefferz in forum Jersey RidersReplies: 5Last Post: 09-08-2008, 09:52 PM
By kaneatious in forum Kawasaki Open DiscussionReplies: 12Last Post: 09-08-2008, 03:44 PM
By hammer800sxr in forum MidwestReplies: 2Last Post: 04-30-2007, 10:40 AM
By hammer800sxr in forum Kawasaki Open DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 04-27-2007, 07:37 PM
By MADMAT in forum Race Events and NewsReplies: 9Last Post: 09-10-2006, 05:19 PM