Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SC police gave we a warning for being stupid

Ok first of all I haven't been pulled over since 2004 and I have a keen eye for undercover police cars, even their headlight shapes at night (ie. Crown Vics, Impalas, new chargers etc.).
    I permanately moved to South Carolina yesterday. Tonight I was smoking a cigarette ( BAD, trying to quit) in my car about 11:00 PM, I was getting ready to throw it out when I noticed a Crown Vic's headlights a couple hundred feet behind me so I snuffed it in my virgin ashtray..........he kept riding behind me for 5 or 6 miles switching lanes with me.........I even threw my hands up like what the hell are you doing.......I wasn't speeding, wasn't swerving, using my signals I couldn't shake this guy........well 3 miles later he flipped on his hidden blue lights........and I pulled over I was pissed

He was like "how you doin?"
    I was like "Ok I guess"

Liscense registration please,,,,,,,,
    I couldn't find my registration........I had one that had expired in 2007 and then I found one that had my Dad's name on it that was good till 2008 so I handed that one to him........My car is in my name......I knew it wasn't the right one but I had no idea why it was in MY car but it was current so I figured I'd try

He said the DMV said my tag was expired but I had an in-date Sticker on it

Then he asked me to step out of the car (by this time there was 6 cop cars "on the scene") He said who is this guy on your registration......I said my dad.......he said "Why did you put your dad's boat trailer sticker on your car?" I looked at it.......looked at him.......looked at it again.....I said I have no idea........he said are you trying to save money and cheat the system.....I said honestly I have no idea sir.....I am clueless......he said just go sit back in the car..........

Then he went thru the whole got any spill
    knives,guns "NO" alcohol "NO" marijuana "NO" methanphedamines (spelling?)........I stopped him I said look if you have any reason to search my car go ahead I need to clean it out anyway.....you'll help me out.......he didn't

He gave me a warning ticket for an expired tag.....turns out I put my Dad's trailer sticker on my car and threw the registration in my glove box thinking it was for my car

Thanks for reading my very boring story but I can't call my dad or anyone else without waking them up to share my encounter with 6 police officers just because I'm an idiot........this forum is kind of like a home away from home.......I had to tell somone....I'm going crazy thinking about it.........

The lesson for the day is:
    Respect, Respect, Respect the police and they will respect you........in my past I have been an ass and they went to town (or I went to town in the back of their car) on me............BE NICE I know
    Last edited by cosmic; 02-14-2008 at 12:54 AM.

Banned User
    +1
    HA HA HA HA

Thats actually a funny story. I wouldn't be ashamed of it...I would tell your dad the same story, leave no stone unturned....Then finish it off saying it was your mistake on the tags!

I think it is his fault I do remember him handing it to me while he was on the phone about 3 months ago...........didn't say what to do with it........I just figured it was mine I think........I mean why would he hand me his pontoon boat trailer registration........he's got a one track mine.......if you ask him "did you get new tires today?" while he's watchin TV he will say "OK".......I like to mess with him when he's watchin TV........I'll say
    The house is on fire and he just nods his head not listening at all.....what a goober

+1
    lol that's funny....i hate the asshole cops that look for a reason to give you a ticket. for instance i was driving down the street doin 50 in a 45. well i was driving my old integra and i got pulled over by 4 cops....the cop come up to my window and asked me for my license and registration. so i gave it too him and asked him what i did. he said i was doin 10 over speed limit which was not true, my system was too loud which it wasn't even up half way, and then he tried to give me a $60 ticket for each blue bulb on my car (headlights, high beams, turn signals, and side markers) $480!!!!...which were hyper white not blue. so i argued with the cop and told him i want to see the radar gun. he wouldn't let me. so i told him if he writes me a ticket for anything i will take it to court. well he let me go on a "warning".

Ill add to this Law enforcement Story. My old man gives me a ring the other day and this is the story he gives me. Recentley on a house that were building a bunch of lumber has been getting stolen, at first it was minor couple 2x4's here and there and maybe a sheet of plywood but then these basterds had the balls to come back and take half a bunk of plywood. So we reported it to the cops and all that good stuff weve been through a lot of this before and ussualy this crap never gets found and u lose money but our luck changed on this occasion. My dad Swung by the site real aroud 7ish at night with my sisters RAV4 (so it didnt look like a contractor) and parked by the site. Sure enough about 3 min into his little steak out a truck backs into the site to steal the other half of the bunk of plywood. My dad made the call and 5 cop cars fly onto the job site and with the cops head lights lighting up the whole job site these 3 guys stood there in shock like a deer in the headlights. My dad was laughing his ass of while telling me that part so you know they were probably shitting their pants. Cops threw them all on the ground and arrested them.

He gets a call couple days later saying that they searched their homes and found all of the material AND tons of tools from other cases that were pending from other reports. My old man even got bottle a scotch from one builder whos brand new 3 grand generator was stolen by these guys but got it back now because my dad caught these assholes in the act.

that is awesome Crime doesn't pay.........I hate theifs with a passion.....lost alot of freinds that way but if I can't trust someone I'm not going to hangout with em........congrats without your dad they might have never found em..... my dad's in construction I'm gonna email him and tell him to check out this thread.......he knows his way around GH.net a little after me showing him all the trick stuff that people are doing (GPRXP and stuff)
    Last edited by cosmic; 02-14-2008 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Altezza01 View Post
    lol that's funny....i hate the asshole cops that look for a reason to give you a ticket. for instance i was driving down the street doin 50 in a 45. well i was driving my old integra and i got pulled over by 4 cops....the cop come up to my window and asked me for my license and registration. so i gave it too him and asked him what i did. he said i was doin 10 over speed limit which was not true, my system was too loud which it wasn't even up half way, and then he tried to give me a $60 ticket for each blue bulb on my car (headlights, high beams, turn signals, and side markers) $480!!!!...which were hyper white not blue. so i argued with the cop and told him i want to see the radar gun. he wouldn't let me. so i told him if he writes me a ticket for anything i will take it to court. well he let me go on a "warning".
    I don't see why the cop in my situation ran my tag when I wasn't doing anything wrong......I wanted to ask him but I didn't want him to notice my 55 watt HID headlights .......they definatley go out of their way to find a "reason" to pull you over....assholes
    Last edited by cosmic; 02-14-2008 at 02:03 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmic View Post
    I don't see why the cop in my situation ran my tag when I wasn't doing anything wrong......I wanted to ask him but I didn't want him to notice my 55 watt HID headlights .......they definatley go out of their way to find a "reason" to pull you over....assholes
    yes they do. i have had several cop ride my bumper and i can see them run my tag. they're probably just bored and the donut shop isn't open yet. i have a lexus is300 with some bright ass HID headlights and i've been wanting a cop to pull me over for them. i'll pop my hood and show him they're stock. well atleast the ballast are.

Theres a reason why they run your tags. I spent 2 semester in High school at the local police station as a intern most of that was me riding around with cops so i learned a thing or 2.

They run your plates to see whats on ure record. When they run your plates stuff like this will show up

If you have a

Revoked lisence
    suspended lisence
    If your tags are expired

Whoevers name the car is in it will show their entire driving record. Trust me i know they ran my plates while it was in my dads name i saw tickets of his from 10 years ago.

It will also show who else as in what county or police department has recentley ran your plates. So if they run your plates it will say this city ran the plate at this time on this date and so on for everytime your plate is called in.

Thats what i remember but im sure theres more.

So they run pretty much all the plates they see and feel like running. So it doesnt really matter weather or not your obeying all the rules or not.

If they run your plate and your lisence suspended BAM they pull you over Slap their jewlery on you and your on your way to the station.

It just amazes me how I can go so long with an expired tag......went to Icerat4's shop in Chicago from North Carolina 10-16 hours depending on conditions of my right foot and weather........I've made the 4 hour drive Charleston and back 6 times since Chicago........then I get pulled on a 15 minute drive .4 miles before I get to my apartment.........all because the cop singeled me out.....but at least I found out I need to renew my registration......I wondered how I got it for free now that I think about the whole deal
    Last edited by cosmic; 02-14-2008 at 02:32 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information