Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    250 horses and only one jocky

Exclamation Problem Please Help

Hi all, I have just recently purchased a Seadoo RXT 05. It has got all the normal mods such as: Riva hull exhaust, riva supercharger, sponsons, impeller, toploader intake, pump wedge, OPAS block off kit, Crank ventilation kit, Finger throttle, Blow off valve etc.

Most of the time it runs fine, however if I have been on tick over for a while then open the throttle right up it seems to lack power (bogged down) then a moment later it seems to clear and hey presto it shoots off. Only happens sometimes though. I will change the plugs but if that doesn’t work has any one got any other ideas? Could it possibly be water getting up the exhaust when suddenly backing off therefore lacking in power until it clears? Or could the Riva blow off valve be reliving pressure on acceleration?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

+1
    Welcome to the forum!

I am no expert but will give you my experience. I once left the gas cap off, and got a little water in the tank. It made it run like that.
    Last edited by skoepp; 02-14-2008 at 10:48 AM.

I agree, fuel issues...
    1. Change plugs, are they gummed up?
    2. Are you running 91 or higher octane?
    3. Do you know for a fact if the previous owner did?

JP

+1
    I Have Had The Same Running Problem On Two Skis With A Leaking Innercooler. One Stock Type Innercooler And The Other Was An After Market One.todd

yep sounds like a leaky intercooler. loads up with water when you are slow and then when you throttle up it ingests the water and sort of clears up.

yes check the intercooler first........once you get that fixed or ruled out, take off that Riva BOV and cap off the hole.........I've never got a Riva BOV to stop leaking............but I do think the intercooler is the main problem

Thanks for the advice really didn't know that the intercooler could have an effect!
    ill check the plugs etc 2moz. the previous owner used high octane fuel 98 ron optimax but i put in some 95 ron... wouldn't of thought it would have made a huge differance.
    One more question though.... if there was a problem with the intercooler, wouldnt there be bogging down all the time at low end? because sometimes it just shoots off from 0mph to 70 and other times it lags getting up to speed?

if you do have a leaking intercooler the water passages would not have alot of pressure down low since the water pressure comes form the pump (faster you the prop spins the more pressure created in the water lines)......it may be just leaking a little then when pressure builds it would force more water into the air passages of the intercooler causing the bogg.........I'm just thinking out loud

New problem

Thanks all for your help, i have repalced the plugs as they wer a dry white powder on them with a tough of green. Ski went okay after this then it beeped and flashed OIL at me when i was flat out. Took it out yesterday and beeped again with the same OIL warning and then ran really spluttery - checked the oil level after running it for a while and it looks a bit high? Could this cause bad running like my other problems? Tanks again for your help.

Yes Daz, wrong oil level will cause loss in rpm.. Too high especially.
    Too low may put it in limp mode.. I would change the oil and filter
    and make sure you are at exactly the correct oil level, then re-test
    to see how it runs.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information