+1

2004 rxp problem

hi i was out on my rxp on sunday and thought id sucked sumthing in.i came in to check and couldnt see anything.heard a slight whine/rattle like when you do suck sumthing in though.but my performance was definetly down.only managing 56mph and my mates rxp leaving me on a standing start.there both same age/spec and always neck and neck.
    there standard apart from ss washers,solas impellor and riva grate,oh and new wear ring 10hrs ago.mines has done 70hrs.
    i stripped the pump out earlier and the impellor and wear ring are undamadged and unmarked with no debrie or rope etc tangled.the tunnel was clear but i saw a little piece of rope stuck in the edge of the grate and hull so i removed grate and freed the rope.only about 1" of rope.
    my question is this would that small piece of rope cause so much performance loss?it was definetly cavitating on sun as there was little bubbles and more white than normal.
    im thimking theres been rope and the rests been spat out?
    your views please?

+1
    hum?

+1
    I would try riding it again after removing that piece of rope. One time I sucked up a stem from a leaf from a tree. It had wedged itself inbetween my intake grate and pump tunnel. It was only about 2 in long but it wrecked havoc . The hole ski shook and vibrated very bad. I figured I had sucked up something big but it was only a tiny leaf stem.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GOLD06RXP View Post
    I would try riding it again after removing that piece of rope. One time I sucked up a stem from a leaf from a tree. It had wedged itself inbetween my intake grate and pump tunnel. It was only about 2 in long but it wrecked havoc . The hole ski shook and vibrated very bad. I figured I had sucked up something big but it was only a tiny leaf stem.

honestly mate???
    did a single leaf make that much a diffrence?was it back to normal after you removed the leaf?
    thats where the rope was lodgedit was so well wtuck i had to remove the grate earlier.well hopefully thats the cause then.

thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by baba850r View Post
    honestly mate???
    did a single leaf make that much a diffrence?was it back to normal after you removed the leaf?
    thats where the rope was lodgedit was so well wtuck i had to remove the grate earlier.well hopefully thats the cause then.

thanks
    that small piece of debrie would pull you down, its imperative to run your tunnel d=clean, regards a pissed bill

Thread Information