Thread: NEED HELP!!!

NEED HELP!!!

Ok so ski has been out several times since february. Took it out last weekend, had to idle a long time out to get out of no wake zone, but gradually got on the throttle and after about 5 min of 4-6k rpms gunned it to full throttle. Ski went roaring for about 1-2 miles and then all of the sudden light comes on and says "H-Over temp" so i shut down the motor. Restarted it and it turned over real real rough (according to seadoo guy over phone it was in limp mode randomly shutting down cylinders) so i killed it. Took off the seat, coolant level was fine, and pulled oil dipstick and could not get a reading. To me it seemed as if there was no oil in there but when i'd rub my fingers across the dipstick or a cloth, a light amount would end up on them. So i had it towed back to shore, once i got back to shore i was running around looking for oil. Couldnt find any, but attempted a restart again as per advice of seadoo tech. Engine turned over just fine, and ran and idled normally. Took it out again, as soon as i went full throttle for more then 30 seconds, "H-overtemp" comes back on again so i kill the motor. Wait about 5 min and restart. Everything runs just fine again, and i drove it back to shore not exceeding 5k rpms. I had to leave town the next day and all the shops were closed seeing as it was sunday. Anyone have any clue as to what the prob is here? Seadoo tech guy says its not oil because "If you were a half quart low or a half quart high you have a oil pressure switch and that thing would be screaming low oil not overtemp" and so he thinks it has something to do with a bad pump ie. bad wear ring and impeller. Anyone else have any ideas before i take it in later this week, because they typically tend to want me to spend money and not let me use my warrenty being a youngin in all (21)

+1
    Check the hose connections on the exhaust waterbox. Sounds like your hose may be loose.

The most interesting man in the world. Nils888's Avatar
    +1
    Sounds like your Exsast temp sensor is getting too hot for one reason or another.

This is caused by low water supply to the muffler or running to lean.

Hose adaptor left on

I have known the exhaust to overheat when the hose adaptor has been left on after flushing - is this a possibility?

Thread Information