Thread: VTS

I hate things that don't work! SearayEX12's Avatar

VTS

I am new to VTS and just got the RXT X home in my garage today. Just wondering what does everybody think for different situations based on position of trim. What is best for top speed? What is best for cruising? What is best for acceleration? If down is best for acceration, how does someone know when to tab it up? Any comments anyone has would be great. Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by SearayEX12 View Post
    I am new to VTS and just got the RXT X home in my garage today. Just wondering what does everybody think for different situations based on position of trim. What is best for top speed? What is best for cruising? What is best for acceleration? If down is best for acceration, how does someone know when to tab it up? Any comments anyone has would be great. Thanks guys!

+1 i could use this info as well

Just go out and ride. Mess around with it, see what works for you. Everyone has a different taste for trim settings. Besides little things like this will get you more in tune with yourself and your ski. We can't tell you everything.

That said, tyically on an RXP the best trim for top speed is one or two bars above neutral, best for acceleration is 1 bar below neutral, cruising is however you like the ride (down will be a wet ride, trim up will be a dry ride). In rough water trimming up will usually cause you to come unhooked more, while trimming down will help keep you planted. As far as doing hole shots, you trim up as soon as you are on plane. And all this depends on if you're running a wedge or not, because it changes the angle of the venturi nozzle.

Thread Information