Is this a good deal? '03 Polaris MSX -67 hrs

Hi everyone,

Last night I acted on a craigslist ad for a red '03 Polaris MSX with 67 hours with an '04 Trition Elite trailer (very nice) and Polaris fitted cover. It took days and days of negotiation since the starting price was originally $3,500 and the buying price was $2,600 for everything (long story there). The only thing visibly wrong with the ski is that the gel kote on bottom keel will need to be repaired since someone must have bottomed out on some type of hard surface. The fiberglass is completely intact on the outside and inside. I know someone that can do this work. Other than that, the cosmetics are in good shape. We had to charge the battery over night, since the jet-ski has been in storage since summer, like November time(I am in NY and it is winter here...brrr). We started it today and it sounded good. The only problem with all of this is that I can not ride it until summer time get here (like the month of May). I know the risk on my side is that the MSX could be dropped in the water in May and run like total crap. It has a 1200cc engine and was basically the type of machine I was looking for. So, what do you guys think?

+1
    Welcome to the Hulk.
    That seams like a fair price for the package...
    We love pictures and what is the long story??

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    CONGRATS ON TWO VERY COOL THINGS
    FINDING THE BEST PLACE(people) anywhere.......AND FOR THE MSX
    HAVE FUN ----hide your wallet -----take pics of everything!!!
    ohh WELCONE TO GREENHULK
    mattman

See that you made it! (I'm the one that suggested that you post your question here).

The Polaris section has tons of info on the MSX 140...just use the search engine. You will be hearing back from members real soon (unlike the 'other' site...we all work for a living)!

Welcome aboard...and if you ever see one of these...don't breath a word about it, and message me....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plrs_MSX_150_2_001.png 
Views:	90 
Size:	357.4 KB 
ID:	57793  

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by connected View Post
    ...red '03 Polaris MSX with 67 hours with an '04 Triton Elite trailer (very nice) and Polaris fitted cover. ... someone must have bottomed out on some type of hard surface. The fiberglass is completely intact on the outside and inside. ...the type of machine I was looking for. So, what do you guys think?
    Welcome to the Hulk!

I just discovered this new MSX/Matrix section of the Polaris forum myself, it slipped under my radar somehow

We like pictures here. Post what you can.
    Folks often notice small details that help get problems sorted, or issues addressed before they become problems. The bigger and clearer, the better.

BTW, the hosts for Green Hulk are on the cusp of upgrading the server back end, so we might experience a few hiccups during the transition.

Side note; here is a thread regarding my Triton Elite WC-II trailer, some upgrades, and tire issues.

Check your Triton carefully for cracked welds. Apparently there was a couple of years where this was a problem, not sure exactly which years, or which models. Might want to give Triton a call, register yourself as the new owner, and inquire about cracking issues.

Thread Information