Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2005 gtx and 2005 rxp

I am currently negotiating a deal on a 2005 gtx 155 hp and a 2005 rxp sc. As a new member to this wonderful community i have quickly realized I have much to learn. This being said I would like to tap into the wealth of knowledge available here.

The RXP still has 35 hours and the ceramics in it, in fact the salesman and serviceman told me not to install metal washers. I'm not going to listen. I will send it off as soon as deal done and remove the sc. But the question I have is do I have to worry that it may have already eaten the ceramics. If so is there anyway I can check while I'm at the dealership. (the dealership is six hours away)

Second question.... The GTX has 20 hours and was supposedly traded in last july 2 because the owner sucked a rock into the intake and wanted a ski for the Fourth of July. They said they replaced the impeller and jet pump. I normally wouldn't consider this ski but the price is right. I guess the question is "Can a sea-doo mechanic get this job right?" as i have heard at times they can leave something to be desired? Also what should I look for when I do make the trek to the dealership.

I should note that they seem to be up front about all of this information I just want to ensure that they are competent.

Any help and opinions will be greatly appreciated. Thanx

FAST_OLE

I think the rxp will be fine with that low of hours. Is there a way for you to test ride it to see if it runs the proper rpm's? As far as the gtx There is alot that could of happened, and also it could have been something small. Once again a test ride would tell you a lot. In the end I say buy both, they each have low hours it sounds like you are getting a good deal.

Test ride not an option

I would love to test ride them both but today's high temp was 3 degrees F. As for the price I have it negotiated to just a hair over 6k each. Seems like as good of a price as i can get in the upper midwest.

The mechanic said that when I got there I could put my hand over one of the hoses and it would get blown off proving the sc is good. Sounds sketchy to me.

Any more thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanx

FAST_OLE
    Last edited by olson_joseph; 02-14-2008 at 09:05 PM.

Well...I don't believe you'll be able to tell if the RXP's eaten a set of washers already...if they've done some work ie cleaned the screens...there will be marks on the lifting hooks indicating the motor's been pulled.....(i think).

...but you can tell if they are bad right now.

With the motor off, disconect the SC's air intake hose and attept to spin the blades with your finger. If they spin....run away.

Thanx VaRedneck.

Anyone have anymore thoughts on the GTX that sucked up a rock?

rxp and gtx

First of all welcome to the family. You do have a lot to learn and there is a lot to be learned right here within this site. I can't count how many times this place has saved my ski. Like VA said, try and spin the sc impeller....or if you are able to test drive, you should be able to tell by the low rpm's she will be pushing.

I can tell you that when you send your sc to Jerry not only will it come back bulletproofed, it will come back reallllll quick. Good business people on this site. Everybody I have done work w/ and or business with..has been more that great.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by olson_joseph View Post
    I am currently negotiating a deal on a 2005 gtx 155 hp and a 2005 rxp sc. As a new member to this wonderful community i have quickly realized I have much to learn. This being said I would like to tap into the wealth of knowledge available here.

The RXP still has 35 hours and the ceramics in it, in fact the salesman and serviceman told me not to install metal washers. I'm not going to listen. I will send it off as soon as deal done and remove the sc. But the question I have is do I have to worry that it may have already eaten the ceramics. If so is there anyway I can check while I'm at the dealership. (the dealership is six hours away)

HTML Code:
    Second question.... The GTX has 20 hours and was supposedly traded in last july 2 because the owner sucked a rock into the intake and wanted a ski for the Fourth of July. They said they replaced the impeller and jet pump. I normally wouldn't consider this ski but the price is right. I guess the question is "Can a sea-doo mechanic get this job right?" as i have heard at times they can leave something to be desired? Also what should I look for when I do make the trek to the dealership.
    I should note that they seem to be up front about all of this information I just want to ensure that they are competent.

Any help and opinions will be greatly appreciated. Thanx

FAST_OLE
    Welcome to the forum
    Ok, First what a deal. A person sucks a rock up in the pump and needs a ski for the weekend so trades it in. hum must have heavy pockets and knew nothing about skis.
    In my opinion, if they replaced the impellor and pump then you will be ok. They must have done alot of damage if both the prop and pump needed replacing.
    Be sure that they replaced the wear ring also in the pump. this is a normal routinue by any qualified machanic that was replacing the pump, but be sure.
    The only other damage you might have recieved is if the ski had fins in the pump shoe, they are probably damaged and need to be removed.

If it was me, I would ask the place selling the ski to pull the pump or let you pull the pump to verify that the pump was really replaced, that the prop is really new with no damage, and what the pump shoe looks like. This is very easy to do yourself.

I hope maybe that helps with your question.

One other note. I am sure that you no this, since you have a rxp, but be sure that you realize the performance of a 155 hp seadoo. I am not trying to tell you not to buy it, in fact is probably an excellent ski for beginners or youth to learn on and be safe, but I see so many people on the forum by a non SC ski and then realize the preformance of the ski, and want to mod it. It is not feasable to mod a non SC and expect much gains. Just trying to help.

good luck
    Last edited by skoepp; 02-15-2008 at 11:05 AM.

GTX performance

Thanks for the info skoepp. Just what I was looking for.

As to the performance of the GTX. It will be for family members and friends to use to tag along. The RXP is for me. Fair? Maybe not... but beggers can't be choosers.

Thanks again.
    FastOle

+1
    That ski will be perfect for that use, and you want have to worry about someone killing themselves on it. If the dealer can show you the invoice an part numbers where they replaced the, prop, pump, and wear ring then you will probably be alright to not have to pull the pump. If in fact you get it home and pull the pump, and find the pump shoe fins are broken, you can remove them yourself, it just takes a little time, tools (I used a dremel and some sanding paper). And really for what you are looking for in a ski I do not think that with broken fins in pump shoe, you might not ever know the difference.

Thanks for all the help, and just want to let everybody know how glad I am that I stumbled onto this forum. It is by far the most knowledgable and respectful group I've found. And with all that I've read I should also thank Green Hulk for all he has done.

Thanks again.

Fast_Ole

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information