Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Smarty Pants? Anyone

SO ive read all the threads and no one seems to have a problem like i am. i do have a lot of hours but it has been reoccuring for the past fifty.

"the situation"

Many times during a full throttle or even near full throttle run, my engine will drop off slowly " (NOT MISFIRING. NOT PLUGS) and i will have to give it about half throttle or else it wont respond. When it drops off it is a very smooth drop off; almost like an electrical problem or a fuel problem. Im thinking fuel problem seems how it doesnt necessarily drop me down to a certain speed. If i slow the ski down to an idle it will get up and go again...sometimes good for the rest of the day, somtimes good for only five seconds. Sure seems like i have water in my fuel. i drained it out once and added some dry gas adn i think it did halp it for a week. however when i added a little dry gas to it last time this occurence happened it didnt help so im kinda stumped. maybe i didnt add enough dry gas. or i was thinking possible air leak in fuel line. The Ski Runs Excellent any other time. Ive read that Blue 182 has had a similar problem once but im pretty sure they arent related. If anyone takes time to read this thread id love some advise before taking it to the shop. Im pretty hands on. Ill try more dry gas this weekend just to clear up any doubts but we will see. Thanks.

I could be wrong but it could be your ECU backing off because of detonation.

Try running a tank of 100 or 110 Octane and see what happens..

LB

Ive never incountered this.

Sound almost as is the intercooler is leaking a bit.

I had an issue like that and water was in the gas.

+1
    ill try more dry gas ... thanks

Did you get your recalls done on your ski yet. It could possibly be the fuel rail coupler leaking under full throttle pressure, but I'm sure you checked that already.

R5 Water-X Racing Promoter PowerShot's Avatar
    +1
    Can someone explain to me what "DRY" gas is?

Dose it do it more when the air and water temps are high???????? HOT? I am thinking it is the intercooler getting heat soaked. Causing some deto, or the intake air temp, tell the ecu to back off the timing slightly>>> Just guessing.

snapper455
    If you have already had the 5 recalls done that address the issue you are having,, Its water in gas or you need to change the belt

I've been doing a fair bit around the forums lately, and these symptoms are similar to another thread I read where the impeller was loose... might be worth a check anyway.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information