Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What are these parts worth? 2000 Genesis

A buddy of mine asked me to help him out with this and truthfully I have no idea what these parts are worth, so I am turning to you guys. He picked up a 2000 Polaris Genesis today and its a basket case so he will be parting it out. It came with a new crank that has never been used, an extra set of cases, full set of carbs, and also another motor that has a bad crank, good cases and good pistons/cylinders...what should he ask for the cases and good crank? How about the cylinders? Also how much for a good electrical box?

I know I am asking alot but if anyone could help that would be great. This is by no means a for sale thread but if anyone is interested in the parts I can give you his number. He basically got a complete ski with a couple motors so he has nearly everything.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    I will take all the black plastic plugs that cover the rivet holes in the rub rail;
    5431994-070
    Part 19 in the diagram.

Tell me how many you have, intact and not damaged, and I'll make an offer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6734_5577a007.gif 
Views:	59 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	57911  

+1
    pm sent

thank you to those who have pmed me with information. i have forwarded this info to my friend and he will be joining the site shortly.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by nightrider05 View Post
    thank you to those who have pmed me with information. i have forwarded this info to my friend and he will be joining the site shortly.
    So, did he join?

What's his username?

A quick update- I took ownership of all of these parts today. I had been relaying all inquiries to my friend but he hadn't gotten on here yet so I just bought everything off of him. PM me for details.

+1
    not too sure on prices, what i usually do is if i have a part for sale, i will check on ebay for what that specific part will usually sell for and work around that price(my secret is kinda out)...

you also gotta think about what time of year you're selling the parts...usually parts run a higher price during the spring/summer time(since some machines breakdown during the riding season) and parts usually go for less around the fall/winter time(becasue some store thier skis and wait for warmer weather to work on them, kinda like me )

also pictures of the parts help alot when determining condtion of the item too!!!

just thought i would share some tips with ya!!

-eric

Quote Originally Posted by gorilla03 View Post
    not too sure on prices, what i usually do is if i have a part for sale, i will check on ebay for what that specific part will usually sell for and work around that price(my secret is kinda out)...

you also gotta think about what time of year you're selling the parts...usually parts run a higher price during the spring/summer time(since some machines breakdown during the riding season) and parts usually go for less around the fall/winter time(becasue some store thier skis and wait for warmer weather to work on them, kinda like me )

also pictures of the parts help alot when determining condtion of the item too!!!

just thought i would share some tips with ya!!

-eric
    Eric, Thanks for the tips..I have parted out many many skis(roughly 20-30 this past summer) so I sorta have it figured out...however Polaris' seem to be a bit sparse and there are VERY limited ebay auctions to reference to. Im used to dealing with Seadoos which I can name a price for any part I have right off the top of my head.

I just finished stripping parts off about 20 minutes ago(darn yellow jackets slowed me down a bit!!!!)

I could use a set of cases for 1200 genesis if the price is right. Give me quote. jake622

+1
    Hi jake, WELCOME to the Green Hulk Forums.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information