BRP customer service question

i know the words seadoo and customer service dont typically go together but... over the winter my dealer found that i was down on compression, they diagnosed and fixed the problem. it was an exhaust valve...my entire head assembly (valves and all) was replaced. after the rebuild the compression was in the proper range and everything is running great. because the head/valves were replaced i now need another 10 hour service (ski had 60 hours when problem occured). when i picked up my ski i asked if the service would be covered under the warranty. the service guy said no. my train of thought is if it wasnt my fault and everything was covered under warranty, why the hell am i paying for ANOTHER 10 hour service. i am going to call brp anyway but i think it'll be useless. has anybody ever been in this type of situation? any advice?

+1
    With your mods, I'm suprised they covered your ski under warranty.

Personally, I'd consider myself happy with the fix and do the 10 hour myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast-XPL
    With your mods, I suprised they covered your ski under warranty.

Personally, I'd consider myself happy with the fix and do the 10 hour myself.
    the ski was completely stock when this happened, i just recently installed the mods.

Yeah just do the 10 hours yourself....They dont check the heads in the 10 hour service, just go through your owners manual and follow what they say....just change the oil and follow the manual you will save yourself 150 bucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Totallyblown
    Yeah just do the 10 hours yourself....They dont check the heads in the 10 hour service, just go through your owners manual and follow what they say....just change the oil and follow the manual you will save yourself 150 bucks!
    thats tempting (i would also check the compression) but the only issue i have with that is, later down the road if something else does happen...the dealer isnt going to cover it becuase they didnt do the service..which is really stupid

Just keep records, takes pics, keep receipts, ect...BRP cant deny warrenty if you dont go to a stealership to get the work done. You just have to have PROOF that you did all of this. Pics are ecspecially important to have. Good Luck Bro!

I probably had one of the first SC failures in April 04. It wasn't a clutch it was a Bering . To make a long story short they put a whole new bottom end in it. This happened at 77 hrs. BRP was only willing to pay for 1/2 of the 10 hr. they said I would have to do service at 100 hr. anyway. Good luck they don't like to give anything away even if it is the right thing to do . I will say this a lot of it has to do with your dealer and there relationship with BRP.

Mike,

Do the 10 hour service yourself and save that money. Real easy to do.

Quote Originally Posted by ramnj
    Mike,

Do the 10 hour service yourself and save that money. Real easy to do.
    Rafi,
    thats what im leaning towards. trimer has a good point. i got to do the 100hr service soon anyway. im sure as hell not payin $2xx for a 10 hour service then payin another $2xx for a 100 hour service 30 hours later. thats freakin retarded do you guys know how to check compression

do you guys know how to check compression
    Get a compression gauge (you can get a Snap-On cheap on eBay). Take a spark plug out and connect the compression gauge. Hold the throttle at WOT and turn the engine over until the gauge stops. Do the same for the other 2 cylinders. Your compression should be between 135-145 PSI.

You should do the compression reading when the engine is cold.

Others will recommend other methods of doing it, but this is the way I do it and has always worked.

Thread Information